Priceline Hotel: Bids for Waikiki rejected for next Jan.

NitaB
By NitaB,
in

This may be way too early for Jan. bidding. But, many hotels have NO availability online already!

I want Waikiki south, tried 4*, added all zones, changed dates, bid up to $125, rejected in all zones and for all dates. Tried 3*, all different zones, different days, up to $92, rejected.

I had stayed at the Park Shore a few times, 7 to 10 years ago. It was small, but clean and decent, and the best location! Now I read it's a dump, and I may put up with the hotel, but not for more than the $90ish we paid, when it was decent! Their website says our dates are available for $190! :)

I have since booked a AAA 2 1/2* online for $119 for 4 nights on 1/3, and the 3* Doubletree for $129 for 3 nights on 1/18. I was hoping to get the south zones, as we've stayed there before. I still have lots of time to keep trying!

Anyone have any advice on booking for during a peak time, in a busy vacation spot???? :)

Please use separate posts for your separate stays (a different hotel may be won for each stay and it makes it easier to keep the topic titles correct once results are ultimately known... as well as keep the advice for the two posts separate). We'll use this thread for the stay commencing on the 3rd, start a new thread for the 18th stay.

What is your maximum bid?

Not sure how you booked your back-up reservations, but do note that we are affiliates of the Doubletree (and most other hotel chains as found in our SUPPORT PAGE) and could certainly use the help to keep this place going.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You bid too high for the 3 stars this early. I know it's good to get your plans settled, but let the deals come to you -- don't chase 'em. You could get a bad 3 star for $92 and be unhappy. There are better choices at that price. My guess is if you're patient, you'll do better. It's after the X-mas holidays, so demand shouldn't be too intense.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]