Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson

dbnyc
By dbnyc,
in

I'm a bit rusty at this so wanted to check with the experts here on the best bidding strategy.

Looking for a Newport Jersey City hotel for relatives for this coming weekend.

Check-in: 5/12

Check-out: 5/14

I haven't attempted any bids yet since I'm aware Sat night check-in inventory isn't released till last minute usually.

The 3* hotels are best located for us since they are in Newport. The 4* hotels... eh, there is the Westin and the W Hoboken isn't too far. But the Hyatt down at Exchange Place would be kind of inconvenient so I'm not sure about the 4* option yet.

Checking each hotel chain's websites I see the following rates:

Doubletree $159

Marriott $189

Westin $179

W Hoboken $239

Hyatt $199

I also see a 4* Hotwire Hotel [Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access & 95% Recommendation Rate] going for $126/night. This rate just popped up tonight after Midnight EDT! Earlier tonight it was $159 but with the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor amenities & 95% Recommendation. Based on previous posts, I'm guessing this is the Westin Newport?

What do you think is a good amount to start low bidding at? I guess I shouldn't go over $100 considering the $126 Hotwire rate?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Back!

My guess for the current HOTWIRE offer is either the Westin or the Hyatt, as both have been seen with this amenity set in the past.

If you want to try PRICELINE, when bidding 4* in Jersey City you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

I went to $110 as the current HOTWIRE price i'm seeing has gone up a little and it may take a little more than $110 to be successful, but you can stop at $100 if that is the amount your comfortable with.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to let you know I'm seeing an updated listing for what I'm pretty sure is the Candlewood Suites.

2.5*

Free Parking, Complimentary Breakfast, Suite, Smoke Free Rooms, High-Speed Internet Access

Recommended by 85% of guests.

Thanks, thereuare!

Sadly for 3* there are zero free rebids. I also haven't bid yet 'cause my relatives are being picky and indecisive.

New rates this morning are:

Doubletree 159

Marriott 209

Westin 179

W Hoboken 206

Hyatt 199

Also seeing a 4* on Hotwire for $136 for what looks like the W Hoboken due to there being Tennis as a listed amenity.

As an aside, I discovered new info for Candlewood Suites, I posted in the Hotwire section with details.

Have any ideas on what to bid for 3*? I'll only have 1 24hr later rebid.

I walked them through the bidding and they were worried about having to wait for 3* rebid, so they wanted to start higher at $90.

It was accepted immediately at the Hyatt (upgraded to 4*). We probably overbid, but they seemed happy enough.

Congratulations on your success!

An excellent deal for this property and hopefully it works well for your relatives.

I don't think the 2.5* HOTWIRE property is the Candlewood Suites as that property doesn't serve a complimentary breakfast.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your relatives enjoy the hotel and you enjoy the time with family.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]