Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Fort Lauderdale (Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades) Riverside Hotel

MilkaMilana
By MilkaMilana,
in

Hallo,

I am trying to get a 4* Fort Lauderdale Downtown hotel and noticed that there is a 3,5* Hotel available as well.

Since there no 3,5* listed on the priceline hotel list, I am a bit confused.

Can somebody tell if they had a win with 3,5* Hotel in FLL Downtown?.

Same with FLL Beach 3,5* hotels.

My travel dates are 25-27.05 if that's important.

Best regards,

Irina

Plus is it normal, that when I add a zone that doesn't contain any hotel of my chosen rate, the price of an avarage hotel in the price box goes down?

Does it mean that there is a hotel but is not shown in the rebid zone separately (basically I click on all zones and figure out which ones have my star hotels and wich ones don't and during the rebid add the ones that don't).

.... am I missing something?...

ok this is weird and I really need help here, cause I am lost :(

I am bidding 4* in the area FLL Downtown (25 May to 27 May) and as rebid zones adding Zones 1,3,6,8,9 since they don't show any available 4* star hotels when I click on them separately.

As a retail price it shows me 139$ and here is the weird part:

1. after adding Zone 1 Coral Springs, the amenities of possible hotel change (from about 5-6 amenities to just 2)

When I am bidding for 3,5* star hotel in Downtown by adding following rebiding zones: 3,8,9, things become even more strange.

Retail price for Downtown 3,5* is 138$

1. after adding zone 3 FLL-Airport North, price goes up to 140$

2. deselect zone 4, select zone 8 Miramar, price goes down 123$

3. deselect zone 8, select zone 9 Pompano beach, price go up to 144$

I really don't want any other zone rather than downtown and don't really understand how can zones without 3,5* or 4* change the amenities or retail price of the hotel.

Will really appreciate if you could have a look and help me with an advice here.

Thanks a lot!!!

In the future, to avoid any confusion, please list the zones by PRICELINE name (and not by number) as the numbers will change as PRICELINE adds, removes, or renames zones.

The amenities shown by PRICELINE are not hotel specific, but rather are amenities that are available at every hotel in the zone at that star level. So if there are five 4* hotels in a zone and 4 out of 5 have a pool... the Pool amenity won't be associated with the 4* properties since there is one possibility that does not have a pool. As well, none of the lower rated hotels will show a pool either since a 3* or 3* bid could be upgraded to the 4* hotel that does not have a pool. The programming that is involved in making this work contains a LOT of variables and combinations and i believe is the reason why you see some amenities disappear for a hotel even when you add a re-bid zone that doesn't contain that star level... it's just the way it was programmed on the back-end.

You have your re-bid zones correct, except Coral Springs is still a re-bid zone at the 3.5* level (check to make sure you agree). I'm fairly conservative and i would still feel comfortable using the re-bid zones above (assuming they are double checked before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed), but of course you need to be comfortable in any bidding strategy you use.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and if you'd like to try for a 4* first and then if rejected try for a 3.5*... OR if your goal is the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay. We'll then advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]