Priceline Hotel: Victoria-why so few bids/posts?

poodleone
By poodleone,
in

Just started looking at a possible overnight to Victoria end of this month and am surprised to see so little activity for Victoria. I am curious if anyone has an idea why.

Did you try the White Search box? Using "victoria" and making sure the adjacent pull-down menu had "Forums" selected?

No answer as to why there isn't much activity, but this process will at least select just the ones you want to see and put them all in one neat list.

Romelle

Please let us know date/s of travel, desired budget and star rating if you would like assistance with your stay. Some areas may be popular, but for unknown reasons may not have gotten a lot of interest from a bidding standpoint, and others appear to grow in popularity/interest over time (Madison, WI for example.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The number of Victoria posts is about what i would expect... it's mostly a seasonal location so people aren't looking to go there year round (so only a few month of the year is this area 'active'), and given the seasonality, many hotels may not be willing to give PRICELINE / HOTWIRE much deeply discounted inventory (or inventory at all) during the peak season which is when i imagine the hotels are able to make the bulk of money for the year. Also, it's not the easiest place to get to, which also reduces the number of travelers looking to visit the area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]