Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help - Staying One Week in Waikiki Marina Area

web_nikki
By web_nikki,
in

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help with my bid. I'm staying one week, June 4 to 10, 2012 in the Waikiki Marina Area (or Beach or City Central, whichever area I get). I just need a room for one person. I know that hotel prices fluctuate daily and so is it wise to split up my bid? I'm just not sure if this will be successful. Anyone tried this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Splitting the bid is generally a benefit if there's something going on during part of the stay - if the stay is similarly busy across the board, then splitting the stay is not necessary.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

What is the minimum star rating you're seeking for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Man, I am not being specific am I? Sorry about that. The minimum star rating is 2*. I'm not picky. In fact, I would have stayed in a hostel but those can be more expensive than using Priceline especially if I want a private room. I'm going for a conference so I'm not going to be there most of the day but I do need a secure place to keep my stuff. And unfortunately the conference isn't reimbursing anyone for accommodations.

I'm actually planning on splitting up my bid into 2 or 3 bids: (1) June 4-7 and June 7-10; (2) June 4-6, June 6-8, June 8-10. Thursday, June 7 evening has the highest increase in hotel rates. I'm not sure if that's normal?

Problems with the first option: I'm presenting on the 7th in the afternoon so moving hotels may be a bit dfficult especially with the different check out/in times.

Problems with second option: moving to 2 other hotels may just be plain annoying but I am up for it if I get the hotels.

I would love to stay for $50/night. My ceiling is $70. For the two options, any recommended bid amounts would be much appreciated. I understand there may be differences in bid amounts depending on the time of week.

Thanks!!

My advice would be to target 3* in the Waikiki beach area first, going up your max. Several years ago I got the Princess Kaiulani here at $65 and was very happy. I would then target 3* in the Marina. You could do the reverse, I prefer the Waikiki Beach area. Aston Hotels are having sales starting at around $100 if you are unsuccessful. Also keep a look out for bonus cash emails.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]