Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) Holiday Inn London-Regents Park

Sunnat21
By Sunnat21,
in

I've been bidding for a couple days...perhaps because of the weekend days. (Two zones currently don't have 4*'s so I used them for re-bids). At $130, it countered at $159...I put in $149 and it was accepted. Only a 3 1/2 out of 5 from trip advisor, but it's in the location I was hoping for.

US$149.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: US$447.00

Taxes & Fees: US$101.25

Total: US$548.25

We stayed there last year. Great location, it's in an interesting neighbourhood and close to things. Hotel was fine. Average Holiday Inn, but really, nothing bad to say about it. I just wouldn't eat there because it's so expensive, the usual outrageous breakfast. Lots of other dining options nearby. The Tripadvisor reviews seemed a little unfair. We didn't spend much time in our room anyway, so much to see and do in London!

I appreciate the information! It makes me feel better about the not-so-glorious reviews. We plan on being out and about most of the time, so I think it will be fine. The location does seem ideal to explore the area. It will be our first visit, so we're really looking forward to seeing the city! Thanks!

Oh yeah, should have mentioned that they seem to get a lot of the tour bus trade from people living other parts of England. It's a fairly busy hotel, and nothing fancy. Elevators too small to deal with more than one person with luggage, the usual. From what I could tell, the manager (Byron something) is quite responsive if there are problems. So if something happens there that you don't like, he'll probably be pretty good about having it looked after. But our room was fine, it worked for us and for what we paid I couldn't complain. I kept getting lost trying to find it, the way it's tucked in was confusing. But walking distance to 2 different tube lines. Make sure to check out London Walks while you're there and Docklands Museum if you have time. Message me if you have any other questions! I love London and can't wait to get back there!

Party013,

Could you tell me what other 4* areas you used for rebids.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's highly recommended that you learn how to determine your re-bid zones on your own since they could change at any time and should be checked before every bidding cycle. You can start with Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. (or if you read this previous thread and are confused just post back and we can break it down further for you)

For help with re-bidding, or for a bidding strategy for your upcoming stay, please start a NEW TOPIC with the dates of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]