Priceline Hotel: 8/3-8/5

Jesse20
By Jesse20,
in

i bid 250.00 per night for 8/3-8/5 for 3.5 or 4* and was unsuccessful. what you guys think it will take to get something downtown like nma or grant park loop area

also if i buy outright what the better location and hotel. the hyatt on e wacker or hilton suites on e deleware place

thanks jesse

I'm actually a little surprised you didn't win at $250 as HOTWIRE has 4* hotels offered at $261 and $290... so i would think that you're not much more than $5-$20 away (or you could just purchase the $261 hotel before bidding beyond that)

You can also use our sister site, MAPS and HOTELS.com to easily filter by zone, then easily see what is the best bang for your buck in terms of cost vs. star rating, and how much more/less it will cost if you go higher/lower in star rating OR closer/further from your ideal location.

As far as a direct purchase, i'll let AaronJB respond as he knows the area best and can tell you the pros/cons of each.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page if you decide to book direct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Through HOTWIRE a 4* in the Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower area zone with:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

Best guess is the Westin Michigan Avenue or the Allerton Crowne Plaza.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When searching for 2 people on HOTWIRE:

I'm seeing a 4* in Lincoln Park for $195 w/Restaurant, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis. This is a possible match for the new Hotel Lincoln, which is in a nice neighborhood and right by the Zoo. It's definitely a bit of a walk from here to the Michigan Ave area, but it's a really pretty walk on a nice day. Or you can take a bus.

I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile North-Water Tower zone w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $250. This could be a few different properties (Westin Michigan Ave, Allerton, Affinia), but given that you didn't get a win at $250 on PRICELINE at the 4* level, my guess is that this is likely the Allerton, which is a 3.5* on PRICELINE. The 70% approval rating would also lead me to guess the Allerton.

I'm also seeing what appears to be the Felix for $290.

Personally, while it's not centrally located, if you want to try more of a neighborhood (and both the Zoo and Notabert Nature Museum are right there), the 4* Lincoln Park property saves $55 a night off the next cheapest 4* option.

The other downtown option is the Hyatt, which is $279 on Orbitz, then coupon code TRAVEL5 takes 5% off = $265 and change (non-refundable rate.) The Hilton Suites off Michigan Ave is $289 on Expedia, and that is (although double check!) refundable, according to Expedia.

Overall, if you don't mind a bit of an extra trek downtown, but checking out a nice neighborhood (and the zoo/nature museum is right there), the Lincoln Park option would be a savings.

Downtown, you can go with either the Hyatt for $265 or the Hilton Suites for $289. The Hilton Suites, while more expensive, is refundable (although again, double check the cancel policy fine print before purchasing), so if prices do happen to come down (it could remain quite busy, given Lollapalooza, but if they do) you can cancel and move.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Expedia or Orbitz links for your purchases and searches.

The Hyatt is more centrally located in the city as a whole, but the Hilton is in a very pleasant location a block from Water Tower, right off Michigan Ave. Plus, larger room and (although double check the fine print) refundable so you can move if a better deal comes along between now and your stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE, Expedia or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

Happy to help! :)

Definitely keep a look out for new inventory/price changes between now and your stay on HOTWIRE and regular rate, but in the meantime, if you stay at the Hilton, that's a very nice property in a great location with larger rooms.

Thank you for using the site's Expedia link to start your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

an advantage of the suites over the Hyatt is that the Suites has a pool. Always good with kids.

Excellent breakfast places nearby, the West Egg and Eggceptional. Also, an excellent Dominicks Grocery store justa few blocks away. Always good for finding snacks and treats without going into a restaurant. Hope it's great! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Jesse,

I just saw on Travelzoo that the Omni has a sale going on...$169/night for Aug 1 to Aug 3, with a $25 credit per night. It would save more than $100 per night for those nights, if you didn't mind switching hotels once. And the Omni is a SUITE...you get a bedroom and a living room. PLENTY of room for everyone. I've stayed there. Very nice, and one of the best locations you could ask for.

Just a thought...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]