Hotwire Hotel: 3* Harrisburg (West) Radisson Hotel Harrisburg

Nords
By Nords,
in

I've been trying to buy a hotel in the Harrisburg area in late June as part of our family trip to Pennsyvania from Canada. I haven't yet been successful in a bid for Harrisburg but I wanted to point out a likely change in the Hotel List for Priceline for Harrisburg. The hotel list for this area lists a potential 3* hotel in the Hershey district. In ground truthing Priceline to maximize rebidding, I noticed that Hershey on Priceline has as its maximum star level a 2 1/2* Moderate Plus level hotel. This is actually good news somewhat as it means more options for rebidding on 3 1/2 or 3* properties in the other districts. Not sure if the 3* hotel listed in the hotel list has been downgraded to a 2 1/2 star property or what. Just thought I would share. As soon as I'm successful in my bidding I will post the results. Thanks!

Thanks for the info...this is actually the same Holiday Inn that we had listed in the Harrisburg - York (East) zone so we've removed this listing from the 'Hershey' zone.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

If you need help with your upcoming stay, or to report a win, please continue this thread.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Booked the "Radisson Hotel Harrisburg", which the hotel list calls the "Radisson Penn Harris Hotel and Convention Center". Looks like the hotel name may have changed slightly. Stay date is June 25-26, 2012 (2 adults and 2 kids). It was 3* on Hotwire so it looks like this hotel has been downgraded by Hotwire from 3 1/2*, so the hotel list should probably be updated (and its name). Even though I knew it was a 3*, I was pretty sure this was the hotel I was buying upfront due to the amenities shown, which were:

Free Parking, Fitness Centre, Business Centre, Airport Shuttle, Pool(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), and Tennis Nearby.

Just FYI I've been trying to book something for Harrisburg/Hershey area for a while, mostly bidding through Priceline but I've been unsuccessful, even at the same star level and the same price so I'm pretty happy to see this one on Hotwire at a good price.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and found something that works well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new information for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No problem. However, when you updated the hotel list it looks like you put it under Harrisburg (York). There doesn't seem to be such a district in Hotwire. This hotel was won under the Harrisburg (West) district. I think york might be one a Priceline district name but I just checked now at the Harrisburg Hotwire map and don't see a 'york' district at all. Thanks!

I've fixed this entry in the Hotwire Hotel List... thanks for letting us know.

If you search HOTWIRE for 'Harrisburg' there is a York area, but on the left side of the page it's listed below the first group of zones (if you look on the left side where the checkboxes begin for 'Hotel Features', just about that you'll see 'York'.

Thanks again for helping us keep this place organized. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]