Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Convention Center - Mid Center City) Marriott Philadelphia Downtown

Ariana13xy
By Ariana13xy,
in

Used BetterBidding's link to PRICELINE. Started bidding at $90 for 4* properties in Rittenhouse Square/Business District; bid was not accepted. Added Convention Center - Mid Center City and rebid at $90. Was accepted by the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown. Based on the reviews I'm seeing of the hotel, and the fact that this puts us close to family at another nearby hotel, I'm pleased. However, I'm wondering how low I could have gone for this property, seeing as how a few commenters on here have won it at $75 (but not in a while, it seems). Oh well, it's $15 - better than paying the $189 that the lowest price downtown 3* is going for on Expedia!

Thanks BetterBidding!

Ariana13xy,

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the purchase and this will be convenient for your needs. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Fairy,

Can you please post your win to the board so that others will be aware of your purchase when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know how I missed my dates, but I did!

We will be in Philadelphia on May 19-20 (One night stay).

As a follow-up, I advised my family member in the nearby hotel to put in an identical bid of $90 at Priceline, since they were booked at the nearby Courtyard (3*) for nearly $200 and had a reservation that could be cancelled without penalty. The family member placed the bid and also won the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown. With nearly 1,400 rooms to fill, I'd imagine that this property would accept quite a few more bids at that price!

I also referred said family member to Better Bidding - they said they had always been scared of using Priceline, and I mentioned what a great resource you guys are and how it's always helped me bid confidently (and cited my 5* Venice hotel win of a few years back as evidence of how the site can help). Hopefully they'll be joining the site soon!

Thanks for the follow-up.

Glad to see you were able to get some other family members in on this deal and with the savings on this one i'm sure they'll be hooked too! Thanks for referring them to the board and helping to spread the word about BetterBidding!

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]