Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) Marriott New York Downtown

sunny_sc
By sunny_sc,
in

I'm hoping the board can help me ID the following few hotels that I'm considering:

3* Midtown Central Hotel $191

-Free Internet, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, High-Speed Internet Access

-Is this the Holiday Inn Midtown? I tried looking up the retail price on Hotels.com for my dates, but it says that the hotel is fully booked.

3* Chelsea - MSG hotel $216

-Free Internet, Fitness Center, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

-Is this Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn 6th Ave?

3* Midtown - East $224

-Free Internet, Business Center, Restaurant, Smoke Free Room, High-Speed Internet Access

-Is this Best Western Hospitality House?

3.5* Midtown Central $237

-Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

-Doesn't seem to fit any of the ones on the list exactly.

Based on this, which hotel do you think I should pick? It's my first time to NY. I also have an option of staying at the Cassa Residences & Hotel for $200/night, but it is in a room with a double bed and I'd prefer a bigger bed if at all possible! It seems like that one is listed as a 4* in the Hotwire hotel list.

Would Priceline be a better option for me? I was hoping to stay under $225/night if at all possible. It seems like NYC is pricey this time of year.

I clicked on the HOTWIRE links on the board to get my search started.

Best guess for each:

3* Midtown Central Hotel $191

Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St

3* Chelsea - MSG hotel $216

Holiday Inn Sixth Avenue

3* Midtown - East $224

<no guess>

3.5* Midtown Central $237

Hotel Manhattan at Times Square

PRICELINE will like cost a little less than HOTWIRE, but you'll need to be able to accept any hotel in the zone and not have the ability to take a guess as to which property you may receive (nor before your purchase know any of the amenities offered)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My alternate plans (referenced in my previous thread) did not work out, so I tried Priceline again. I got the 4* Marriott New York Downtown in Downtown - Financial District for $152/night+tax. Looks like an OK hotel, but I was hoping for something a little more uptown. I guess that's the luck of the draw with Priceline!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]