Priceline Hotel: 3* Akron - Canton (Canton) The Mckinley Grand Hotel

rhondp
By rhondp,
in

First timer. I bid on a 2.5* realizing that I should get one of the two 2.5's posted. They upgraded me to a 3* McKinley Grand...which I will let you know if it lives up to its rating. Online reviews are not that great. I don't think it's a 3*. Marriott is no longer associated with it. I really would've rather been closer to the airport where the 2.5*'s are. Parking is an additional $8.00/day. And no complimentary breakfast. Didn't realize I was supposed to use the link from this site, as I wasn't signed up yet. My sister told me about this site. I have to book another hotel next week in the same area...we will see what happens. I will use the links from this site.

I am having to stay in a hotel until I can find an apartment for relocation from Columbus. Well...it's certainly not a 3*!! Positives were the staff, and my bed was extremely comfortable. The area is downtown...which is struggling, not a very safe area in the evening. No continental breakfast as they have a restaurant. There is also no refrigerator, since I'm staying M-F it would be nice to keep some things overnight. Parking is an additional $8.00/day so that needs to be taken into consideration. This hotel has an old musty smell to it. That was hard for me to get over. Overall, my room was fairly clean even though the carpet was pretty worn. And the TV was ancient. I have to book again for next week and really don't want to end up here again.

Like I said I bid a 2.5* and the McKinley Grand (which is supposedly a 3*) took it. I would rate the McKinley Grand a 2* max!

Sorry the stay was lackluster, but hopefully you're future purchases will better suit your needs.

Can you confirm the dates of this stay as they're listed above as 4/29-4/30, but it sounds like there you're for a longer period than this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]