Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood)

belindai
By belindai,
in

Tried bidding 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) for four nights 5/20 - 5/24

Bid $140 - 185 using rebid zones over couple days and $10 bonus cash (bit confused with the bonus cash as to whether it really works adding $10 to the bid price as my final bid was $175 but total bid was $185 with bonus, the taxes are different to doing a straight bid at that price)

Not successful. The average retail price is $325. what do you think my chances are? What price range do you think I need for a win

Retail

4* Andaz West Hollywood Hyatt West Hollywood 295

4* Beverly Hilton REVIEW 325

4* Le Montrose Suites 341

4* Mondrian Hotel 345

4* Petit Ermitage (aka - Hotel Le Petit) 275

4* Sofitel

4* Thompson Beverly Hills 253

4* Wyndham Belage (now the London West Hollywood... not yet reported to the board)

I haven't made any more bids as yet but just noticed the average retail price has gone down from $325 to $298, which looks like Le Montrose dropping from $340 to $269. Do you know if the retail side drops are linked to the bidding side? Just wondering if that hotel has had a price drop it would be more likely to show up in bidding? Just as le montrose is my least preferred hotel in the 4*category. I know you have to be willing to accept any hotel, but wondering if I should started bidding again at a little lower than my last bid?

As rates, both on the 'retail' and the 'bidding' side, are both a function of supply/demand, there is a relationship between rates on the retail side and on the bidding side, but it's not a direct correlation.

In other words if you see rates are dropping on the retail side then it becomes more likely that a previously rejected bid would be accepted... but just because retail rates drop 'x dollars' doesn't mean that there is an equivalent drop in the minimum threshold required to get accepted.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info.

Can you please close this thread.

I'm going to look at other options. With the price drop for Le Montrose, I decided not to bid any further, as I didn't really want to get that hotel. As my last bid was unsuccessful at $185 + taxes = $219, and it was suggested a win maybe $190-$210 ($224-248 with tax), which is not that far off some retails rates for some known hotels.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]