Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Monterey (Pacific Grove) Best Western Vctrian

NitaB
By NitaB,
in

:) Monterey 2 nights 9/28

Bid 3* Mont/Pac Grove $50, rej.

add Marina 3* $55, rej.

add Carmel 3* $60, rej.

started over, 2 1/2* Mont/Pac Grove $55, rej.

add Marina 2 1/2* $66, rej.

No other free bids, so I made a reservation for the Clarion, AAA 3 diamond for $71.99 per night.

Will try again in a few days. I think I'm being a bit impatient, as the better deals seem to be somewhat closer to the date wanted. And I took your advice and made a cancellable reservation! :) I'll post again later, as I find that these rejections and wins have helped me a lot!

I apologize for not reading that portion of your website. And I had never found a cheaper way to reserve the Choice Hotels, than the one I was using. But, I checked now, and see where I can use the 60+ rate (DH just turned 60!) for the same rate as I was getting. I will try to use your website from now on, beings the rate is the same!

Thanks for pointing this out! It will be easier to do, on one site! (wow, now I have to see if I can find a hotel for another stay that I'm not having any luck bidding on PL, for a busy time!) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Victory at last! :)

I have tried about every 72 hours, bidding a bit more each time.

I used the same strategy, with rejections.

Mont/Pac Grove 3*, $68

Marina 78

Carmel 88

logged out, went to 2 1/2 * Mont/Pac Grove $90 accepted! It appears to be a savings of about $40 per night, for 2 nights. It'll do!

Oooops! I had gone to bed when I realized I hadn't said!

It was The Victorian, which is a Best Western that looks like a bed and breakfast, and includes a continental breakfast. And I had bid as high as $92 was rejected on my last try. I maybe should have started a bit lower on a 2 1/2*, but having been rejected at $92, just wanted to get something done. Anyway, checking out the hotel website, I like the location and looks of this hotel, and I'm satisfied!

Thanks for the help from this website! Maybe someday I'll learn some patience, and get some really cheap deals! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]