Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Marriott Atlanta Marquis

Braves22
By Braves22,
in

Guys,

Any help would be appreciated...

I am planning on driving to Atlanta from IL and staying Sept 28 (Fri) - Oct 2 (Tue)

I would prefer to go for a 4* hotel and would like to get the best deal possible while staying somewhere that I can get to the MARTA.....while I am driving 700 mi each way, I really don't want to have to drive around ATL in the traffic.....

The biggest thing in wanting to be near MARTA is that we're planning on attending the final Braves games of the season....

Any ideas, thoughts, or anything that can help me w/ Priceline rates and naming bids or what area to stay in and restaurants would be appreciated....

I already know we want to get the MARTA 4-day passes and the CityPass so we can go to CNN Center, Coca-Cola, the Aquarium, and the zoo when we have some free time.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

When bidding on PRICELINE you have to be able to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you bid. If you enter 'Atlanta' in the search box on the top right corner of the board, on the ensuing page you'll see a map of the area and how PRICELINE divides the zones and boundaries for this area. Is there any zone where you're able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone?

If not, then HOTWIRE may be an option as you can often take a reasonable guess as to the property being offered based upon the amenities and any other information provided by HOTWIRE to be associated with the property. This would at least give you a guess as to the hotel and location, and thus an idea of how close to a MARTA station you would be. Of course there are no guarantees and you'll have had to have guessed correctly (or if you receive a hotel you didn't expect get luck and have the hotel won be just as convenient to a MARTA station)

While HOTWIRE gives you the ability to take a guess as to what you may receive, the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than HOTWIRE. What is your expected budget for this trip.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks....

I was thinking as long as I am in either the Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, or Perimeter zones I should be fine as all have some access to get to the MARTA for travel elsewhere....so yes, I will accept any hotel in those zones at the lowest rate I can get.

I would prefer Priceline since I have had good luck with them in the past, and I would prefer a 4* hotel rating as then I can rule out hotels that may have not been too great for previous guests.....

Also, since my gf will be with me, I would like to show her a real great time while we are in Atlanta.

My budget is going to be a little flexible, but a lot will depend on the type of deal I get with everything involved as I have to include the cost of game tickets, food, car rental in IL, gas, and then the hotel on top of that.....so thus, I am looking for a pretty solid deal.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks!

I have surveyed and reviewed the site and I notice many bids in the $50-55 dollar range, so I probably wouldn't want to go higher than $60 a night....

Should I split up the days and risk being placed in separate hotels?

Whats my best bet of placement, more zones or trying separately for each zone.....and which zone is recommended by people.....

Like I said, distance from MARTA in the zones would be primary.

While you could bid on a hotel via PRICELINE, what appears to be the Westin North Perimeter is offered on HOTWIRE for $57/nite. This property offers a complimentary shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel (6am-10pm) which therefore offers two Marta stations (as per the hotel's website). While reports indicate this property is ready for a renovation (which is planned) it appears to be a good value for $60 and provides you with proximity to the train that is important to you for this stay.

Do you want to move forward with this HOTWIRE offer OR bid on the zones you previously mentioned and hope that it has good access to Marta?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.

I think I am ready again.....

I just want the downtown area....

I don't really want to get stuck with the Glenn or Melia, so even though the Westin would be nice, would you recommend sticking with 4* only bidding?

I also notice that MANY have won at $55 so should I start there or start lower and let that be my end game if it gets that far?

I don't really want to get stuck with the Glenn or Melia, so even though the Westin would be nice, would you recommend sticking with 4* only bidding?

Or HOTWIRE if you're able to determine that the hotel offered is not one that you're trying to avoid.

I also notice that MANY have won at $55 so should I start there or start lower and let that be my end game if it gets that far?

Wile many have won at $55 or less, there are many others times in which it has taken more than $55... have you checked hotel direct rates and determined that $55 and under is the likely price tag for your dates?

When bidding 4* in Altanta you have 15 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $41, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $49, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $51, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I read the link and I think I see what you're getting at now....

So add Airport West, Druid Hills, Kennesaw, Lithonia, Marietta, Morrow, Northlake, Norcross, Smyra, and Stone Mtn all at separate intervals as none of those have 4* hotels....

Interesting concept I never thought of.

Ok, so it wouldn't take the $55 dollar bid after adding all those zones so I now have to wait the 24 hour period and uncheck those zones....

Should I rebid at 55 or go up to 56?

There is a 3 1/2 * I wouldn't mind downtown BUT I really don't want to get roped into the Glenn or Melia....so I guess I won't go there....

Splitting your stay is only of interest if part of the stay is busier/more expensive than the other part. If your stay is pretty even across the board in terms of demand/pricing, then splitting your stay does not offer any benefit. An example would be if there's a convention during 2 of four nights.

There are additional zones w/o 4* - please list if you would like help confirming. I'd continue higher by $1/$2 each time.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Here is a further discussion on SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

You could try that if you'd like, and if you do i'd suggest trying for 3 nites first, then for 2 nites, so your date combinations would be:

9/28-10/2

9/28-10/1

9/29-10/2

9/28-9/30

9/30-10/2

For some perspective, given current rates at the moment, for your complete 4 nites stay i'd guess you're likely looking at something in the $85-$100 area.

I also see a way to be reasonably sure, but no guarantees, of the Westin at $83/nite... should this be of any interest to you at this price.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Got exactly what I wanted for a GREAT price....

So looking forward to the trip now....

I just have a few questions for ppl that have frequented the area....

What are my odds if I call the Marriott and ask for a higher up room away from the elevator as I would like a nice view.....?

Where should I park if I don't want to use the hotel lot and pay $30 a night AND what restaurants and attractions are recommended?

We plan on using the 4 days to their FULLEST!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]