Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Santa Monica - Marina Del Rey) Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica

stardust2000_uk
By stardust2000_uk,
in

Hi,

I've been having a bit of luck getting hotels using Priceline for an upcoming trip to LA and then Chicago (I promise to post all the details once I've got them all confirmed!)

The only hotel we're struggling with is a 4* in LA when we arrive.

Zones: Beverley Hills or Santa Monica

Dates: 3rd June - 6th June.

I've currently bid using the re-bidding zones etc. up to $160/night but still nothing's been accepted. This is about our maximum so we're looking for a new strategy...

My questions:

Am I being completely unrealistic with my bids and should go down a star level or change zones?(if so what bid should I start at?)

Should I book a refundable hotel and then keep trying when I'm a bit closer to the time? (And what bid would be good to start with then?)

Thanks for the help - this website's been brilliant with the Priceline Maps and advice!

Tina

Thanks for the compliments on the board and the new tools we've developed (all available using the TOOLS drop down mene on the bottom row of the blue banner at the top of the board)

There is no telling if rates will come down between now and your stay or move even higher. At the moment i'm guessing a 4* in either of these zones will run you closer to $175-$200. Whether you lower your star rating or include other zones depends upon your needs for this trip and what you expect from your hotel... do you like the 'nice-ties' of the higher rated properties and are they important to you OR is the room typically used just as a bed for sleeping?

If you lower your star rating I do think you have a chance at a 3.5* in the Santa Monica zone near your current maximum bid limits.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]