Hotwire Hotel: Chicago hotel help

steelbob
By steelbob,
in

Need help identifying a couple of Chicago hotels from hotwire. 2 adults, 2 kids. 05/19-05/24

1st- 4* Loop area. Amenities:Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Laundry, High speed, spa. $163

2nd- 3* Magnificent Mile area. Amenities:Fitness Center, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access $128

Any ideas? Which would be the better deal in the long run?

Thanks for the help. Bob

Given you're traveling with kids, do you plan on going to the museums, aquarium, etc... or will there be more 'city' attractions like North Michigan Avenue shopping, restaurants, gazing at skyscrapers, etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are actually doing both. Aquarium, Planetarium, Field Museum, John Hancock, Navy Pier, American Girl, and shopping. The hotels seem to be a lot more expensive for this time frame. We usually use priceline, but with two kids and Chicago, we hate to take the chance of one bed. Bob

Lastminutetravel.com has the Palmer House Hilton for $150/nite for 2 adults/2 children, cancellable up to 3 days before stay. They are promoting better deals if you call them. You can book it while you still look at HOTWIRE, Hotels.com, et. al.

ETA: Expedia Wednesday 24 hour sale has the Whitehall for $127/nite for 2A/2C for OP's dates.

The amenities for the 3* match previous reports for the Hotel Cass, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Mart Plaza and the Inn of Chicago. While any of these are possible, i think the Hotel Cass or the Inn of Chicago are the most likely of the two.

I'm not sure of the 4* Loop property but maybe Aaron has a guess since he knows the area best.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The amenities for the 3* match previous reports for the Hotel Cass, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Mart Plaza and the Inn of Chicago. While any of these are possible, i think the Hotel Cass or the Inn of Chicago are the most likely of the two.

I'm not sure of the 4* Loop property but maybe Aaron has a guess since he knows the area best.

Could be the Radisson Blu Aqua.

Better Bidding has no reports of amenities listings for this hotel yet, but it does actually have laundry and spa, which I think is an unusual combo in the Loop.

The tripadvisor rating is 4/5 for the 4* Loop-MP-GP property when I'm searching. The Radisson Blu was last reported as a win with the listing showing no amenities, and while the tripadvisor ratings on HOTWIRE listings are not updated live, the Radisson currently has a 4.5/5.

For the 4* Loop-Millennium Park-Grant Park area, are you also seeing a business center amenity? If so, this would be a possible match for the Hyatt.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the help. The 4* Loop property full amenity list is: Smoke free room, business center, spa services, fitness center, laundry facilities (self service), restaurant(s), high speed internet access. The spa services is what is really throwing me off. Trip advisor doesn't show any hotels at any star level in the loop area with spa services. The Radisson Blu Aqua is the only hotel I can find that lists spa services on their own web site. Thanks again, Bob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]