Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Savannah Help Identify this 2.5* Midtown Savannah

IrishRed
By IrishRed,
in

Hello Better Bidding Brain Trust: I am looking for a hotel in Savannah from 5/4-5/6. Hotwire shows a 2.5* for $67/night. Amenities are

Free Parking, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s)

I can't ID it off the list here, and I went to Hotwire Vacations and could not find a 2.5* with a restaurant. Any educated guesses? Thanks!

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but with a 2.5/5.0 TA rating this is something i would stay clear of if at all possible.

Do you have any other options? Have you looked into PRICELINE for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We will be there for the same dates; are you going for the Highland Games? We booked thru Hotwire a few months ago, but it was a different hotel than this.

I have a strong suspicion that this is the Quality Inn Midtown. The amenities and the 2.5 rating fit. I looked into it, as I have a few friends who have not booked their hotel yet. The reviews are almost uniformly bad on TA. I would also steer clear of this listing.

If cost is the most important thing, I have a friend who booked the Southside 3* on HW and it turned out to be the Wingate by Wyndham on Gateway Blvd, as I predicted. What I would recommend, though, is a 3* Secret Hotel in Midtown or Historic District on Travelocity. It is more expensive at $95, but it gets 4 smiles out of 5 as a Travelocity rating. Not sure which hotel, exactly, (Homewood?), but it would probably be worth the extra $$$.

Last year, I used Priceline and scored a 3* around April 14th or so. One day, $65 was shot down. The next day, $60 did the trick. It was the Residence Inn, which I really liked.

That Wyndham on the Southside is ok, but we didn't love it. So hopefully, you'll score something in Midtown. Good luck.

PS: Do you have a dancer or are you just going to enjoy the games?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]