Hotwire Hotel: 3* Ottawa (Downtown) Byward Blue Inn

mbanu
By mbanu,
in

Please provide an update to your Los Angeles Hotwire thread with any decision you have made or your current thoughts thread. (post in that thread)

In terms of this Ottawa property, if you scroll over "see all" next to the amenities, do you see any additional amenities beyond the ones above?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron,

I will try and update the LA hotel thread. I am yet to make any bookings hence why it has been static.

As for the canadian hotel above, that was the only info i beleive I found. Alternatively, I have other hotels which I could do with the sites help in identifying.

05/10 - 05/14

4* Downtown Ottawa area hotel - $117/night Definitely a better deal..

Amenities:

Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, laundry facilities (self service), High-speed internet access, Golf nearby, Spa service. Childrens activity program.

Recommended:

In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews. High mark for location (4.5)

3.5 of 5 trip advisor rating.

AND

05/14-05/17

3* Downtown Ottawa area hotel - $75/nigh

Amenities:

Suite, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), golf nearby, tennis nearby

Recommended:

In 75% of Hotwire customer reviews. Has a high mark for location (4.5)

3.5 out of 5 tripadvisor rating.

My apologies about the date confusion.

First, kindly ignore the first date (5/10-5/13). I tried to edit it but could not find the option to do so. Kindly edit the topic heading.

I plan on staying from 5/10-5/17. For financial reason, I plan on splitting it up to 5/10-5/14 and 5/14-5/17 hence the two different dates/hotel options. I did not want to open multiple threads.

FYI - The 4* Downtown hotel has "best value" guarantee while the 3* hotel has bother "Super saving" and "Best Value" guarantee.

Thanks

My apologies about the date confusion.

No problem, just trying to understand so we can replicate your searches.

I plan on splitting it up to 5/10-5/14 and 5/14-5/17 hence the two different dates/hotel options. I did not want to open multiple threads.

Since it's likely that different hotels and/or prices will be won for each set of dates, please do use separate threads for each leg of your trip. This helps us keep the hotels offered for each set of dates separate, as well as enables each leg of your trip to have its own thread, which then enables the topic title to reflect the hotel ultimately purchased, as well as each have its own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

We'll use this thread for your 5/10-5/14 stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for the other half of your trip (if for some reason you ultimately make one purchase for the entire week we'll then simply merge both threads)

So, for 5/10-5/14

05/10 - 05/14

4* Downtown Ottawa area hotel - $117/night Definitely a better deal..

Amenities:

Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, laundry facilities (self service), High-speed internet access, Golf nearby, Spa service. Childrens activity program.

Recommended:

In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews. High mark for location (4.5)

3.5 of 5 trip advisor rating.

Best guess for this property is the Marriott with the addition of HOTWIRE's new "Free Internet" amenity.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You still have a few days before arrival, will you continue to check HOTWIRE as it's possible the price comes back down between now and your stay.

What did you decide to do for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No decisions made yet. the price briefly dropped to 122USD/night and then went back up..

I have not booked yet because my trip is hanging in the balance hence do not want to make a reservation where I cannot get a refund or hotwire credit..

But will keep updating..

Can I also get assistance in identifying the following hotel also in Ottawa and for the same date (5/10-5/14)

3* Downtown Ottawa area hotel $94/Night

Amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Kitchenette.

75% hotwire Customer reviews.

3.5 of 5 Tripadvisor rating.

Thanks

I'm not sure if i'm following your post, but are your plans not firm?? This property may not be the one offered (or it may be offered at a different price) once you're ready to commit, so please post back one you're willing/able to move forward with a non-refundable purchase.

Also, please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your future bidding, searches and travel purchases... please click each of the previous links before replying.

Thanks.

kindly lock the thread. My apologies for all the confusion.

My trip was not fully confirmed due to late arrival of my passport.. I was hoping to get some insight on the hotels while waiting for my passport (crossing fingers it showed up on time).

will have to reschedule.... Will post any hotel searches then

Thanks

Sorry to hear your plans fell through.

The HOTWIRE hotel offerings change frequently and with out notice, so please wait until your plans are firm before asking for hotel identifications, as the hotels offered at one point in time may not be the same hotels offered once you're ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase.

Thanks.

So I still get to go to canada.. made a reservation via HOTWIRE for 5/14-5/16. I thought I should contribute to the site for future bookings from anyone else..

3* Hotel in Ottawa Downtown. Byward Blue inn - $92/night

Amenities - complimentary breakfast, Complimentary Breakfast,

Free Internet (complimentary wireless), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Kitchenette.

3.5 of 5 tripadvisor rating.

Amenities - complimentary breakfast, Complimentary Breakfast,

Free Internet (complimentary wireless), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Kitchenette.

3.5 of 5 tripadvisor rating.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board... hope you're pleased with your decision and the outcome for this trip.

Above you listed 'Complimentary Breakfast' twice, did you type it twice by accident OR should the second occurrence be a different amenity? You can still view the full list of amenities associated with this purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]