Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (Georgetown - Foggy Bottom) Holiday Inn Georgetown

louisvillebound
By louisvillebound,
in

I need to be in DC for a conference at Dumbarton Oaks from April 26-April 29.

I won't have a car, so I'm looking at Foggy Bottom as my first choice and perhaps Dupont Circle as a back-up. I don't know DC very well, so other suggestions are welcome.

Checking regular hotel sites, it seems like Thursday is more expensive than the weekend, so I would be willing to split my bids.

I'm a grad student, so I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible, hopefully no higher than $100/night?

Any advice on bidding strategies would be greatly welcomed.

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept? Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is the goal the least expensive hotel at the minimum star level you designate?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in the DC area you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* GT-Foggy Bottom...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and retry, using $95 and $100 price points.

If you're rejected up to $100 post back and we'll add Dupont Circle to the mix.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can still use your Bonus Cash along with the board's PRICELINE links as follows...

1) click the link in the PRICELINE email to deposit the bonus cash into your account (usually you're given a form to enter your email address)

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Give your $100 rejection in the Georgetown North zone, did you want to next try for a 3* in the Dupont Circle zone... or what zone is the HOTWIRE hotel you're referencing located in and what are the amenities associated with this property?

Thanks for the info about the PRICELINE bonus.

The Hotwire hotel is in Georgetown/Foggy Bottom- 3* with Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry, and Hi-Speed Internet. This is only for the Friday, Saturday. Do you think this might be the Holiday Inn? That would be ideal, as it is closest to Dumbarton Oaks and has a shuttle.

Do you think I might be successful with a lower bid for those 2 days if I bid on Priceline? I don't mind changing hotels if I have to.

Cheers!

Do you also see a Business amenity listed with the Georgetown property? If so, then my best guess would be the Holiday Inn.

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but if you decide to use PRICELINE there would be no way to try and target the Holiday Inn, you'll need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone.

Let us know what you decide and/or how it goes and we'll take it from there.

No business center listed on HOTWIRE.

Using my bonus cash and the PRICELINE link on this site, I tried doing just Friday and Saturday at $85 ($90) and $90 ($95). Unfortunately, this promotion has now expired.

It doesn't have to be the Holiday Inn- anything in Georgetown Foggy Bottom is fine. I usually don't like Hotwire because I have much better deals with Priceline. So any additional help would be great!

No business center listed on HOTWIRE.

Did you clcik the 'See all' link under the amenities, as i'm nearly certain it was there on my search earlier today, and is currently on the 3* hotel now appearing on HOTWIRE (but the price has increased to $131/nite)

It doesn't have to be the Holiday Inn- anything in Georgetown Foggy Bottom is fine.

Given you've already been rejected at $95 in this zone, what is your current maximum bid?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Do you also see a Business amenity listed with the Georgetown property? If so, then my best guess would be the Holiday Inn.

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but if you decide to use PRICELINE there would be no way to try and target the Holiday Inn, you'll need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone.

Let us know what you decide and/or how it goes and we'll take it from there.

I went up to $110 in the Foggy Bottom area, using rebids, with no luck.

In the meantime, the price for the whole 3-night stay dropped on Hotwire to $113, so I took it. Sure, enough, it was the Holiday Inn. Rooms are going for about $160/night and the hotel is close to Dumbarton Oaks and offers a shuttle, so I am pleased.

I used the HOTWIRE link on this site and will post my win on the Hotwire list.

Thanks again for all your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]