Priceline Hotel: Chicago Downtown 5-04-12 - 5-06-12

Dodgerblue
By Dodgerblue,
in

Looking for Hotel downtown or near Wrigley 5-04-12 to 5-06-12. Everything seems to be either sold out or ridiculously expensive. Have I waited to long? Is there a chance more rooms may be released as we get closer to the date. I have bid up to $155 for a 3 star + and no luck so far. Any suggestions? Is there some big event going on in the city that weekend? Appreciate any advice

Thanks

Dodgerblue

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This is during the NRA (National Restaurant Association) show (5th-8th, although people are going to be coming in on the night of the 4th), which is one of the biggest conventions of the year, so rates are definitely going to be quite high.

Edited to add: HOTWIRE only has 1 listing downtown - a 4* for $361. There's also a 1* for nearly $500 in the North neighborhoods (Lakeview-Lincoln Park zone.) Expedia has next-to-nothing available, with the cheapest option being the Palmer House at $300, and everything else about $380-500+. Lincoln Park has nothing available on Expedia and Evanston has next-to-nothing available. Skokie (Skokie and Evanston are just North of the City of Chicago border) does have some availability, but at higher rates than usual.

I was going to suggest staying in the burbs, but given the situation downtown, I think it's unfortunately probably a necessity. Things MAY change closer to the date/s, but I think even if inventory opens up a bit rates will remain high due to the size of the convention. Let us know your thoughts and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Just got last minute at 4*Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower for $220/night after trying for weeks. Still does not feel like a win but to stay downtown better than anything else available for this weekend.

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

Glad you were able to get something very last minute for what are some of the busiest dates of the year.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could also post your win as a separate thread.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]