Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Le Meridien San Francisco

Bepo
By Bepo,
in

Don't mean to be vague, but we are going to be in SF the above date for 2 nights. First time in 35 years for both of us together. While money is an object, I have a little wiggle room. Absolutly tops would be $150. We are flying into Oakland and renting a car. Not doing a lot in the City. So, which direction should we go for hotels? In city or out? If in the City, what areas necessarily?

Not doing a lot in the City. So, which direction should we go for hotels? In city or out?

What are your plans/reasons for this city if you don't intend to do a lot in the city? What star rating are you seeking?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We were going to do a bit of sightseeing in the city, probably a bay cruise, go up to Muir Woods. I was at Fisherman's Wharf a few years ago and don't see any real reason why we'd go back there. Once we leave SF we are going to drive down the coast, entually ending in San Diego. I'm looking for at least a 3 1/2 star hotel in SF. We are set the rest of the trip. I've used Priceline here. I do need to get a car also.

In terms of HOTWIRE, for example, the service is showing a 4* in the Financial District/Embarcadero area for $144 w/fitness, restaurant, business, internet. This would be a possible match for the Omni, Le Meridien, Hyatt and Hilton. I'd lean towards this being the Omni, but be prepared for any of the four. Are you seeing any other listings of interest when searching?

In terms of staying outside the city, on the PRICELINE map, are there zones of interest on the PRICELINE bidding map that would work well for your travel plans?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi, thanks for the help. I guess I'm going to try Priceline in about two weeks, try for a 4* in the city are start aroundn $100. I'm probably low bidding, but that will give me time to bid up. I'm thinking as this is our first trip together to San Fran in 35 years, even if we aren't doing a lot of city stuff, it would be neat to stay IN the city. The only time I was there since then I stayed about 35 miles away and took a few day trips in. I'll post how things progress and wind up.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying for a few days, low-balled at $108 in zones 2, 11, and 12 and worked up a bit. No luck so far, and then I saw today someone had got a Mariott in zone 9, Moscone-Soma for $112 the same days I needed. So, I tried that at the same price, and no luck. Went up to $118 in the same four zones, but nothing yet. I'll up it a few dollars more tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up on this. Next to the "JW" in DC for $50 a few years back this is the best deal we've ever had on Priceline. A fantastic hotel with incredible staff. My friend got the same place the weekend before for $2 less than I did, but given the view I had from our room on the 22nd floor have no complaints. Thanks for all your help regarding SF. Now, it's off to Florida.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]