Priceline Hotel: Need help King of Prussia, PA

twinmom
By twinmom,
in

Taking my son to an event tomorrow am in King of Prussia, PA. We live 1 1/2 hours away and was planning to drive, but if I can land a deal on a hotel it may be worth it to get a couple of hours of sleep and perhaps do some shopping tonight.

Not much information here on Priceline bid wins in the area. Looks like there is 3 or 4 zones in the area. 3 out of 4 have 3* (Plymouth Meeting/Exton-Malvern/Valley Forge) and the highest for the other is 2 1/2 star (Pottstown). Most 3* hotels seem good, but there is one 3* in Valley Forge that seems absolutely HORRIBLE! (Scanticon) There are no hotels higher than 3*

Hotels seem to retail for around 90-140$. Any bidding advice greatly appreciated. Does $50 sound possible for a 3*??

Thanks! I used Better Bidding links to research.

To clarify, you're willing to accept a hotel in any of these three zones? There is no way to target, or avoid, a specific property in a zone, so if you're not willing to stay at the Scanticon, then you'll need to exclude this zone from your bidding.

You can certainly try up to $50, but i'd guess it will likely take closer to $60-$75 for a 3* hotel.

I'll add that HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel (although this may more likely be 2.5* rated on PRICELINE) in the Exton-Malvern zone for $68/nite if this is of interest... it includes breakfast and is very highly rated by Tripadvisor, a 4.5/5.0, so at the very least it should be of pretty good quality/experience. (Free Parking, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Hi-Speed Internet)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed. If PRICELINE, include what you'd like to use as your maximum bid and confirm the zones you're willing to accept, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I placed a price line bid earlier today for a 3* in Plymouth Meeting Zone for $50. It was not accepted and no counter offer made. I agree that a bid of $60-75+ is probably more like it. Consideing Priceline fees and taxes totaling closer to $80-100, I decided getting up early was not too bad. Thank you for your help!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]