Priceline Hotel: Ft Worth

llh58
By llh58,
in

Need a hotel in Ft Worth May 29th to June 3, 2012. Need to stay in downtown zone. Would like a 3.5 star or 3 star. If I have to I can choose a 2.5 star, just not sure of whats out there. Can I please get a bidding strategy? Would like to start at $60 and not go over $85. Thank you!

.....just not sure of whats out there.

In terms of whats out there, I copied this from the list of hotels other members have reported winning on Priceline:

Ft. Worth (Downtown - Stockyards)

3.5* Hilton Fort Worth Radisson Plaza

3.5* Omni Hotel

3.5* Renaissance Worthington

3.5* Sheraton Hotel and Spa

3* Courtyard University Drive

3* Hyatt Place Cityview

3* Hyatt Place Stockyards

2.5* Springhill Suites

2* Homestead Suites Medical Center

The list is the very first post in this Priceline - Texas area. There can always be other hotels not yet reported, but this should give you a good general idea. In other cities, I've several times received hotels that had not yet been reported.

You might also take a good look at the Priceline zone map for Ft. Worth (Downtown - Stockyards) to make sure you are OK accepting a hotel anywhere in the zone. I know the Stockyard area is some distance from Downtown.

I'm a member, but just thought I'd help a bit. I'll leave the bidding strategy to the moderators.

Romelle

Did you want to bid for a 3.5* first, then if rejected try for a 3*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy as per your preferences for this trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you want to bid for a 3.5* first, then if rejected try for a 3*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

I would prefer the 3.5 star, it is very important that I am downtown. A 3 star would be fine if it is near downtown. Thank you!

...it is very important that I am downtown.

I'm assuming that anywhere within the 'Downtown-Stockyards' zone is acceptable? If so, when bidding 3.5* in the Fort Worth region you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown-Stockyards...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask, If rejected just post back and we'll revise to try for a 3* if that is your next move.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nobody can see if rates will come down between now and your stay or move even higher, but for a further discussion on this subject please see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

I did note that at some hotels the midweek nites are more expensive then the weekend nites, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

I would be more than willing to split it.....should I do Tue, Wed, Thu and then Fri, Sat seperately?

Nobody can see if rates will come down between now and your stay or move even higher, but for a further discussion on this subject please see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

I did note that at some hotels the midweek nites are more expensive then the weekend nites, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Usually, splitting the week days from the weekend days is the right tactic, but sometimes one is running into an odd holiday or event. Try the split that is most convenient for you, up to your max budget. If that doesn't work, then try other combos. One beauty of a split bid is different dates amount to a change for Priceline, so you can keep bidding within the same session.

I'd try the week days first. If you are successful, you may be offered an opportunity to extend your bid. If offered, it can be at the same rate but is more likely to be offered at a higher rate.

Another advantage of split bids is you can bid the parts at different star levels. So maybe you can score a higher star level nicely within budget for the weekdays, but then need to go with a lower one for the weekend.

You are still not worried about ending up in the Stockyard end of the Fort Worth Downtown - Stockyards Priceline zone? BillyBob's is over 2 miles from 7th and Main.

Romelle

While i think your best chance for success is for the weekend nites, if you have no preference, i would try to get as many nites as possible on the first purchase and try the previous strategy for the following date combinations:

5/29-6/3

5/30-6/3

5/29-6/2

5/31-6/3

5/29-6/1

6/1-6/3

Any questions feel free to ask.

When bidding 3* in this area you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Downtown-Stockyards...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zones...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zones...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zones...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

HOTWIRE has an $87 3.5* in downtown Fort Worth for your first two nights, and a $88 3.5* for your third night. There also are different amenities and a different % level of recommendations for, so probably two different hotels.

It jumps to $137 when I try to put your first three nights in all at once.

What appears to be the same hotel as for your first two nights also pops up at $87 and $108 for your fourth and fifth nights, when done individually. However, if I try to do both those nights at once, the rate is $108 for the two nights.

With HOTWIRE, the stockyards are a separate area, so piddling around with probably two moves would at least only be within the downtown area.

Decidedly weird results.

Romelle

Romelle: I want to thank you for all the effort you went to in helping me obtain a hotel. I had to stick with Priceline or I would have lost my $100 credit. I gave up bidding, I was up to $106 a night. For $129 I chose the Towneplace Suites by Marriott which is right downtown on the Priceline website that has fixed prices.

I thank all who took the time to help me. See you next time! :)

Sincerely,

Laura

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision, and although you didn't end up 'winning' a hotel for this trip, glad to see you found something that works well for your needs.

Laura,

I'm just glad you found such a good solution. I pulled up that hotel and it looks like a perfect location. Free breakfast always a good thing. Plus the kitchen facilities are homey for a longer stay.

If you are not familiar with it, you will be just a short walk from one of my two favorite spice stores:

Penderey's

1407 8th Avenue.

Ft. Worth, TX 76104

www.penderys.com

(The other one is Wisconsin based Penzey's).

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]