Priceline Hotel: Looking for 4* San Francisco (Union Square West/East, SOMA), max. 130$

cheeka
By cheeka,
in

Hello,

I'm looking for a 4* Hotel in San Francisco (areas: Union Square and SOMA). I've already tried to bid, but I didn't get a deal.

I started with 95$ and stopped at 120$, by using following re-bidding-zones: Fishermans Wharf, Marina - Lombard Street and Richmond.

I'm looking for some tipps how to get a hotel for this price range, and advice on which areas I could bid, that are definitely no 4* Hotel-Zones.

Further I'm not quite sure, if it's to early to bid? Should I wait until May?

Thank you very much in advance!

PS: It's the first time I'm using priceline! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Currently rates are very high for these dates and i don't think you'll have much of a chance at winning a 4* hotel at $120 or less in any of these zones (you may also want to consider Financial District-Embarcadero going forward if this too should work for your needs)

Nobody can say if rates will come down between now and your trip... or if they'll continue even higher, it all depends upon how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expectations. For a more indepth discussion on this subject see the related PRICELINE and HOTWIRE link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Also, when bidding 4* in this area you actually have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with how to determine your re-bid zones see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding (highly recommended)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

After I tried Priceline serveral times, I jumped over to lastminutetravel.com. With the tipps I found on your page, I got a great offer for the Hotel Vertigo, 3 1/2 Stars for $ 137,-/night. I used the tourico-link to find out, which hotel I'm going to buy and it worked out perfectly.

Thanks again for your help and tipps. I will definitely recommend your site! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]