Priceline Hotel: Bidding NYC

daniscalon
By daniscalon,
in

Hello! My name is Daniela and I'm a completely noob regarding Priceline. Maybe you could help me.

I'm going to NYC on May, 4th until May, 12th, and I would like to stay at the following location: MTE and TS in a 4* hotel, maybe a 3,5*.

How much should I bid to begin with?

Any help from you more experienced bidders will be very appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Daniela.

At the moment it doesn't appear that $200 will be enough for a 4* hotel in the TS or MTE for these dates, but if you want to give it a try...

At the 4* level you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and TS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, you can lower your star rating and lower your bid, but the previously selected zones will be selected and you won't be able to UNcheck them... in order to start over at the 3.5* and only include the zone(s) you want, you'll need to close the current browser, use a link on the board to re-access PRICELINE, then start your 3.5* from the beginning with whichever zone(s) you'd like to bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems that there are a ton of posts regarding NYC travel in May-June.

As I am also seeking accommodations in this time frame, if you guys could post your results for both successful and failed bids, it would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

JJYL,

Why not start a NEW TOPIC for your own trip so that others can follow your bidding... the information could help another user just as you're requesting the same information from others.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click each of these previous links before replying.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

daniscalon,

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases)

Enjoy your stay and time in NYC.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]