Priceline Hotel: 4* Hong Kong (Tsim Sha Tsui) Holiday Inn Golden Mile

godspeedhot
By godspeedhot,
in

I would start lower, but i'd guess you're likely looking at $150-$170 or so for a 5* hotel for this stay. If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

As far as the Hotel Lists can you let us know more specifically you're seeing which makes you believe it's not up date?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's unknown if the Langham Place has been downgraded, is no longer participating with PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price, of i the zone boundaries have changed (i'll have to research this last aspect later) but we have added a note to the Priceline Hotel List indicating that 5* bidding is no longer offered in this zone... thanks for letting us know.

If you decide upon a different location for this trip please simply continue this thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The location i want is west hong kong island, i want to know how much we should add for each re-bid like $5 or $10 or what please tell

It depends how much you're bidding... what bid are you starting with? What is your maximum bid?

Please clarify, have you already bid (and were rejected) up to $160 OR are you asking if the bidding strategy above from $130-$160 is appropriate?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly with out thoughts.

When bidding 5* in this area you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

24 hours after your last rejected bid i'd try the following, which will bring you to your $180 maximum bid:

Select 5* West Hong Kong Island...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Nobody can say, it's all a function of supply/demand...

Room rates are based upon current reservations on the books and expected new reservations and cancellations that they anticipate in the coming months. If fewer actual new reservations and/or more cancellations come in relative to expectations then you'll likely see prices come done... if more new reservations and/or fewer cancellations come in then expected then you can see rates rise even further from here.

Did you try bidding up to $180 yet?

You're $5 away form your stated maximum bid so why not try that next round of bidding, if turned down then you can wait a week and try again hoping for lower prices in the weeks ahead. If you're bidding up to your limit there isn't much more that can be done as it's obviously a case of your bids not being enough at this point in time... the decision that needs to be made is whether you

-wait and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead

-lower your star rating

-raise your maximum bid

Given you're about 10 weeks away i would give it a bit more time, but you may also want to consider booking a fully refundable back-up reservation in the meantime to protect yourself from rates moving even higher from here (try BiddingHelper.com and MAPS and HOTELS.com to find a refundable back-up)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Rates are high and you're only at 50% of prevailing rates, while such a deep discount is not unheard of, it's also not a very high probability of success.

As per above your choices come down to:

• wait and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead
  • lower your star rating
  • raise your maximum bid
  • SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID
  • include other zones

Have you thought about including West Hong Kong Island again?

Have you thought about including West Hong Kong Island again?

This is just weat hong kobg island and not tsim tsa tsui

My mistake, i meant: Have you thought about including Tsim Tsa Tsui again?

Is the above only for WHK or have you also included TST back into the mix?

With hotel direct rates at $360/nite how much of a discount do you need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile OR before you consider lowing your star rating to 4 stars?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]