Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South beach)

belindai
By belindai,
in

Thinking about bidding up to $200 in Miami, South beach, ideally 4* first, but seems like it might be expensive, so maybe also 3.5* in the three main zones, first preference is lowest price oceanfront,then best hotel in other category, being direct beach access or close to beach preferred, but if not nicest hotel.

It doesn't seem that the (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) has any 3.5* reported on this forum, and can't see one on the retail side, do you know of any? As it seems to allow you to bid on 3.5* but does that mean that you might just get anything 3.5* and above?

Hesistant to bid (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) 4* as is pricey, but also don't really want the Lords, I know there is no way of avoiding a certain hotel on bidding but have you ever heard of the Lords being won for 4*? Couldn't see it on here - it is a big price difference $157 to $300, is it the right category? or was that just for an old Hotel Nash win and no longer applies?

In your opinion are all the hotels ok in these categories?

My stay includes a Friday night which could bump up the prices, do you think I should bid all nights, or split?

Miami (South Beach - Central)

4* Anglers Boutique Resort (CENTRAL ZONE)$302

4* Dream South Beach $233

4* Mondrian (CENTRAL ZONE)

3* Astor Hotel (previously 2*)

3* Blue Moon Hotel

3* Courtyard South Beach (CENTRAL ZONE)

3* Sanctuary South Beach

Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront)

Resort Loews-- tripadvisor review

4* Hotel Nash (now Lords South Beach) (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)$157

4* The National (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)

4* The Raleigh Hotel (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)

4* Sagamore Hotel Greenview Hotel $545

4* The Shore Club (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)$361

4* The Surfcomber Miami South Beach Doubletree Surfcomber (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins) $319

3* South Seas Hotel (South Beach-Collins Oceanfront)

2.5* Royal Palm (previously 3*) (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins) REVIEW / trip advisor review

Miami (South Beach - Ocean Drive)

4* Crowne Plaza Z Ocean $304

4* Hotel Victor (now Thompson Hotel)$308

4* The Tides (South Beach - Ocean Drive)

3.5* Marriott at South Beach (previously 3*) REVIEW / tripadvisor review $382

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of reported wins in South Beach

4* Miami (South Beach - Central) Dream South Beach

$160 ... 3/8/12-3/9/12

4* Miami (South Beach - Central) Dream South Beach

$210 ... 2/10/12-2/12/12

4* Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) Surfco...

$230 ... 3/28/12-3/30/12

4* Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) Surfco...

$195 ... 4/18/12-4/21/12

4* Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) Nation...

$264 ... 2/11/12-2/12/12

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the South Bach-Ocean Drive zone for $140 with:

Boutique, Beachfront, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Internet

Best guess is that this is the Pelican Hotel which would seem to fit your budget and all the other criteria (Beachfront property) above. As well, this property has an excellent 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating.

Does this work for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Pelican is worth considering, was looking more for something with a pool.

Do you know of any (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) reported on this forum? What price range would you suggest bidding for 3.5* and 4*?

I know there is no way of avoiding a certain hotel on bidding but have you ever heard of the Lords being won for 4*? Couldn't see it on here - it is a big price difference $157 to $300, is it the right category? or was that just for an old Hotel Nash win and no longer applies?

In your opinion are all the hotels ok in these categories to bid?

The list of properties that have been reported to the board in FL can be found here: Priceline Hotel List. If a hotel is not included on that list, it's unknown whether or not the hotel participates with the bidding side of the service. A good portion of Miami hotels have pools, but when bidding, you do risk the possibility of getting a hotel that doesn't have a desired amenity (pool, etc.) A particular hotel may not be everyone's cup-of-tea; reviews to get a general idea of a hotel are available on tripadvisor, and one has to be willing to accept any possible hotel given the star rating and zone/s chosen.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I checked the priceline hotel list in my above first post. My question was if you have known the Lords (formerly Hotel Nash) to have been reported as a win in 4* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront? I did a search for south beach and couldn't see it. I realise you can't eliminate a certain hotel, just wondering whether the chances of getting the Lords is high or not based on past reported wins. I prefer not to have the Lords. It is a large price difference $157 to other hotels in that category $300 plus.

I have been looking at Trip Advisor reviews. It seems bidding in each south beach category may include some hotels with less than favourable reviews.

Currently looking at a budget bidding upto $200, ideally less for a 3.5* (for example retail Lords is $157 4* Oceanfront from your hotel listing, however, when you look at the priceline map, it appears two blocks back from lummus park rather than oceanfront, is it in the right category)

Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront)

Resort Loews-- tripadvisor review

4* Hotel Nash (now Lords South Beach) (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)$157

4* The National (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)

4* The Raleigh Hotel (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)

4* Sagamore Hotel Greenview Hotel $545

4* The Shore Club (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins)$361

4* The Surfcomber Miami South Beach Doubletree Surfcomber (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins) $319

3* South Seas Hotel (South Beach-Collins Oceanfront)

2.5* Royal Palm (previously 3*) (South Beach Oceanfront - Collins) REVIEW / trip advisor review

I bid 4* South Beach (Oceanfront - Collins) $190, $195, $200, $205, $210, $215.

No luck.

5/16/12 - 5/19/12 3 nights

Includes a Friday night which is much more expensive. Median hotel price $453.

Whereas 2 nights WED/THU median hotel price $330.

The 4* Surfcomber is Priceline retail $319/night (3 nights $1083), $239/night (2 nights TOTAL $536).

When checking Friday night alone, Surfcomber doesn't show as available for one night but that's a difference of $547 between two and three night rates, making a win hard over three nights. But don't want to bid for two nights as we are arriving late on the first night, would have the day/night and have to check out the next morning.

How high are you willing to bid until the Penguin at $140 looks attractive? While you may be hoping for something with a pool, how do you ensure a property with a pool from a PRICELINE bid?

If you are set on a 4* property with a pool, you can book the Dream South Beach for $263/nite which seems to be the style you're looking for, and at just a little more than your maximum bid thus far, may be worth the additional cost for exactly what you want.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have ruled out the Penguin, the person I am travelling with doesn't like the Penguin, prefers the oceanfront category, as doesn't want to risk the Lords in the Central category. I haven't seen a reported win for the Lords but I guess you can't guarantee it?

I myself do like the Dream, and would be happy with that.

I ended up bidding higher than hoped for, but all round the prices seem expensive, especially for weekend rates. Not sure even if they have inventory for my dates?

Can you please close this thread. I had no luck with bidding for 4* oceanfront. Prices getting too high. I tried one last bid $250 unsuccessful.

I booked through Onhotels for three nights 5/17/12-5/20/12 for the 4* Dream South Beach.

Total $551 including tax, $183/night including tax, probably about $160/night + tax.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]