Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (South Beach) Holiday Inn South Beach

jmsnyc
By jmsnyc,
in

First Time thinking of uising Priceline for South Beach 9/1-9/4 Its Thurs, Fri, Sat, leaving Sun (Monday happens to be Labor Day - which may make it tougher.....

I dont want to get the Holiday Inn b/c I want to be center, If I bid 4 star, how much should I bid and does anyone have a guess as to what I will likely get? Also, is there still a $10 new customer coupon? Also , is Loews 4*?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you don't want the Holiday Inn than keep your bidding above 3*. As per the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST the Loews has previously been reported as a Resort class property (higher rated than a 4* in priceline hierarchy).

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow. However, before suggesting a strategy, you'll need to know and understand re-bidding. Please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and feel free to ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceed. (hint: you have 9 re-bid zones at the Resort level, 4 re-bids at the 4* level... see if you can figure them out)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I want to bid between $60 & $90. I dont really understand the zone thing. I want to be in South Beach in the main area. At 4* I'm concerned about getting the Palm b/c they charge +20 for resort and +24 for parking.

I read about how you can bid for two areas if the one you dont want doesnt contain the star rating you bid - hoping not to get to that point

If you don't "get to that point" of using re-bids than you will not likley be able to bottom fish for the best price. We can walk you thru the process of re-bidding and explain any questions that might have, and it will greatly increase your chances of getting a great price.

If you want to try we'll take small steps and have it all come together for you. Begin by adding a reply to this message, listing each zone within Miami and the highest star rating offered within each zone next to it. From the re-bidding link above:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

If you're already confused just ask for help and we'll be happy to get you on the right track.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

According to hotel list on this site which I know I should double check on Priceline before bidding:

South Beach - what I want - Resort

Airport - 4*

Beach Resort

Coconut Grove 4*

Coral Gables 4*

Dadeland 3*

Downtown 4*

Lakes 2.5*

North 2.5*

So basically, say I was bidding for 4*. I could then add regions like Dadeland, Lakes and North b/c tghey dont offer 4* so I could rebid within 72 hours???

Should my first bid just me for S. Beach?

Is there a big difference btwn bid acceptance prices for resort vs 4*? Obviously I would like to bid for the resort but not sure if my price range can win a bid in that class.

One crucial error:

From the top of the hotel lists:

DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window

Use the technique mentioned in the post above, as there are 12 zones in Miami, not just the nine you listed above.

I know I should double check on Priceline before rebidding. But this is basically the technique.... say I was bidding for 4*. I could then add regions like Dadeland, Lakes and North b/c tghey dont offer 4* so I could rebid within 72 hours???

Should my first bid just me for S. Beach?

Is there a big difference btwn bid acceptance prices for resort vs 4*? Obviously I would like to bid for the resort but not sure if my price range can win a bid in that class.

You're using our hotel lists to determine re-bid zones which is NOT what you should do... you may have the concept correct, but we're trying to avoid you getting a hotel in an area that you don't want, as recently occurred in this PRICELINE FLORIDA post who attempted to do as you are currently doing.

Ok, per your advice, this is based on the priceline site (again, I will recheck when rebidding):

South Beach - Resorts

Coconut Grove - 4 Star

Coral Gables - 4 Star

Dadeland - 3 Star

Key Biscayne - Resorts Only

Miami Airport - 4 Star

Miami Beach - Resorts

Miami Downtown - 4 Star

Miami Lakes - 3 Star

North Miami - 2 Star

North Miami Beach - 4 Star

Southwest Miami - 2.5 Star

Now these are my additional questions:

1. Do you have a recomended starting bid for Resorts? for 4*?

2. Do you know of a $10 coupon for first time bidding?

Thanks in advance thereuare :)

There is currently no $10 discount for new customers on Priceline (there is one Hotwire)

I think winning either a 4* or a Resort for $90 is going to be a tough call, but if you want to try this is how i would proceed:

You have nine re-bids at Resort (we won't use them all) and four re-bids at 4*... if you're unsure of which zones to add at which time please ask before proceeding.

Select Resort South Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejecte close browser and re-access priceline however you did previousluy.

Select 4* South Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $84, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask and let us know how it goes.

Good Luck.

I tried up to $115 (90, 100, 105, 110, 115) for resort level and got rejected and stopped. The "low chance" message goes away at $121. I haven't tried 4* yet b/c I am afraid of getting Royal Palm which is now run by Sol Melia and charges a mandatory $20 resort fee per night. Maybe I will try later.

I checked Hotwire and noticed that the weekend I am looking is $50 more cause its Labor day then both the week before and week after. 4* the days I am looking are $148. Should hotwire prices give an idea of what kind of bids will be accepted on priceline?

Hotwire prices may or may not be indicative of a Priceline acceptance... it all depends upon the area. Hotel direct prices are a much better source to guage demand.

Not sure what it is you're trying to determine above, but as you can the strategies we recommend systematically increase bid amounts, so if you let us know your new maximum bid we'll be able to advise accordingly.

My issue is that with

resort level - looks like i have to bid over $120

4* - not sure - guessing over $90 also have to consider extra fees

3* - dont want holiday inn cause i think too far

i have a $90/night hold on Comfort Inn Suites directly for $90/night but tripadvisor gave lousy reviews

I saw the other post someone won $40 Holiday Inn but I doubt that will be avail Labor Day - again, not sure if I want to try b/c of location.

Now that I bid as above and closed my session, can I still rebid by adding more neighborhoods?

2 ?'s re: rebidding: (sorry, if they are already answered above)

1. I assume yes but just want to be sure, say I want 3* S. Beach, can I add an area that has Resorts only when rebidding?

2. Is adding a star level, essentially the same as adding a region when being allowed to rebid?

1.  I assume yes but just want to be sure, say I want 3* S. Beach, can I add an area that has Resorts only when rebidding?

An area with Resorts is not a free rebid area. You could be 'upgraded' to the resort level.
2.  Is adding a star level, essentially the same as adding a region when being allowed to rebid?
No. You don't want to lower your star level for a 'free rebid.' When you do lower your star level, you should start a new bidding sequence (start w/ 1 area) and decrease the amount you are bidding. Otherwise, you will possibly end up overbidding on the lower star level (or winning a hotel in an area that was once a 'free rebid' area for the higher level).

Can't really say as you don't include the zones you have bid in your previous posts, you only say

...$38, $40, $45 and was rejected

If you notice on the board everything that is suggested is done very systematically and thought out beforehand (ie- if this fails then try that, if that fails then proceed to do this, etc, etc).

You may benefit from taking a step back, figuring out exactly what it is you want and how much you are willing to spend for it, and then taking advice as far as how to bid and in what order.

In any case, it appears I have to wait until late Thursday, early Friday to restart bidding to oblige to the 72 hr rule. I think I decided that I want to bid either max $95 for 4* or $70 for 3*. Is this not realistic for the dates?

Unless of course advised otherwise, some rebid strategies are

* bid 4* first as I can add 3* after exhausted and lower my bid

* use the strategy bid zone a + b, a + c then a + b + c, i think i need new browser session to un-grey regions???

i am hoping I wont need to many bids to reach my max as I know I was rejected at $60 for 3*, $75 for 4* - I have a backup of Comfort Inn and Suites for $90 though tripadvisor gives horrible reviews and Albion though EasyClickTravel at $80 though states "on request" as opposed to available - another thing I noticed about EasyClickTravel is that there prices are always higher when you click on the detail page than in the search results list.

thereuare... i know i am asking a lot of questions - i appreciate your time and responses - thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]