Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) Holiday Inn Sixth Avenue

fcc11
By fcc11,
in

Have always had success bidding for a room at a great price (3 1/2-4* under $120) but am finding this time period to be difficult. Looking for something convenient to Grand Central or Javits. Have tried 3 1/2 - 4* up to $170. Trying to avoid the Hudson because of small rooms. Willing to stay in Empire, MSG, Chelsea, Times Square, Midtown East. Have been checking out the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to get a sense of price range of bids. Have a back up reservation at The Gershwin for $209 plus tax but would like to get something better for less. Any suggestions?

What about 4* bidding in the UWS zone in hopes of landing the Empire Hotel... would this be convenient for your plans? (HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Empire Hotel for $189/nite if you'd rather spend a little more to try to target this property)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy, and that's particularly true in NYC, where rooms in general are smaller-than-average. Using the service for two beds (in general) in NYC is definitely a risk.

How many are in the party? HOTWIRE is a better choice in terms of being able to indicate the amount of people in the party and getting some form of bedding for everyone in the party.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

3*Chelsea-MSG area 6/3-6 Identify?

Looking for two rooms for June 3-6 (Sunday-Wednesday) Want to get 2 beds so entered 2 adults and 1 child.

This hotel shows up:

Chelsea - Madison Square Garden area

Hotwire Price: $184

$314 other sites*

Best value

Recommended in 85 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Amenities: Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s)

When you check for see all amenities Business Center and High speed Internet Access show up.

Any ideas which hotel this might be?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please click each of the links above and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at your post above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Took a chance and booked and it was:

Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave

125 West 26th Street

$184 per room per night

Chelsea - Madison Square Garden area hotel

Recommended in 85 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Amenities: Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant

Hotel Rate per night:$184.00

Nights:3 Rooms:2

Taxes:$110.52

Occupancy tax:$79.20

Fees:$39.80

Trip total:$1,333.52

Since I'm used to only booking 1 room on Hotwire I made the mistake of putting in 3 adults (to guarantee 2 beds) but forgot that it was 2 rooms. So when I realized the mistake I called the hotel directly and told them my mistake that there are 4 adults and that I was trying to get two beds so thought I was entering 3 per room. Oh well. She agreed to note my request for 2 beds/2 rooms non smoking but there is no guarantee.

I called Hotwire and agent said that after 24 hours they could not change the occupant number to 4 even though the price would not change. I then emailed customer service with the same request and they answered:

Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding the itinerary number ****. I understand that you would like to add people to your reservation. We cannot manually change this information in our system. If you have confirmed it with the hotel, then you will be ok. Hotwire will not charge you for this reason.

So I have something in writing by Hotwire about the mixup to show at checkin. As added backup I joined the Holiday Inn Primary Program to flash when I ask politely for 2 beds.Normally I book Priceline (via your site) and take a chance for 2 beds and so far have succeeded. Because this is work related I didn't want to take a chance. So fingers crossed!

Prices on nonrefundable hotel sites averaged $224 and Holiday Inn prices were $252& up refundable.

Congrats on your success. :)

Solid deal for this Holiday Inn property - hope you are looking forward to your stay, and hopefully the hotel will be able to offer 2 beds.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Amenities: Free Internet, Fitness Center, Restaurant

If you view this reservation using the MY ACCOUNT link at the top right of HOTWIRE's home page, do you see amenities than just these three? (i believe there were more which would not have been visible unless you clicked the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]