Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Affinia Manhattan

irm
By irm,
in

Hello everyone, seeking a hotel in new york city for June 25 through July 1, for 2 people (separate beds). Found this 2 star for $159.00 a night(I searched for a triple to ensure two separate beds)

Amenities include

2-star Hotel in Central Park

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Which one is this?

This property has not yet been reported to the board and with only a solo Boutique amenity listed i don't have much insight... the Marrakech on Broadway without the Internet amenity it has previously been seen with is a possibility, but i'm far from certain.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good morning guys, I need some help coming up with a strategy for a 3* hotel in Time Square, Central Park South, Midtown West or East for 06/27/12 to 07/01/12. I want to get the least expensive hotel I can get.

I already searched priceline for 3* hotels during that date and they are starting at $189.00 night, I think in midtown. Hotwire has a 4* hotel in Central park for $169 and a Time Square 3* for $178.00 Of course, I want to beat those prices.

It looks like for 3* the only rebid zone is Coney Island. :-(

Thanks

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Before bidding, note that when bidding 3.5* and under, the following applies:

MTE - has some hotels which can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, his this acceptable?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel which while well located has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards), would this be acceptable?

Also, is there a reason you're not including ESB and/or MSG in your bidding as these zones also tend to work well for the average user.

Please confirm your zones (or ask questions) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am doing this for a friend who is visiting New York from Europe for the first time. He was about to book a room (bunk bed and shared bathroom) at Pod Hotel for $780.00 (including taxes) for all 4 nights. The problem is that they have to share a bathroom and cannot leave their suitcases at the concierge. They have to check out at midday but their flight does not leave until 11 pm. I think that bidding they could get a better deal. Now i will answer your specific questions:

-15 minute walk to the subway is not acceptable. seems too far away. so i guess MTE is out

- Tiny rooms are not acceptable either. so i guess CPS is out too

- ESB and MSG are good options, since they are close to major attractions. The person originally wanted Time Square but I advised him to expand the areas because the TS hotels tend to be more expensive.

I think my friend is more interested in getting below the $780 (with taxes).

So to confirm...

3* or better in the TS, MTW, ESB or MSG zones? If this is correct, when bidding 3* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and MSG...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and MSG...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MSG...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and ESB...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and MSG...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and MSG and TS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and MSG and MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and MSG and TS and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

My re bid zone is Coney Island, correct?

Correct... but always double check just before bidding.

My only other question is, how come in the strategy I don't select 4* as well?

When you select a star rating it's the minimum that you're willing to accept. When the bids about are placed PRICELINE will also check for 3.5* and 4* hotel on each bid. Above you mentioned that you're looking for the least expensive 3* or better, and the strategy above accomplishes that. If you were to try for a 4* hotel first up to your limit, and a 4* hotel was available for $160 and a 3* for $120... you'd never win the less expensive 3* since you would have won the more expensive (and higher rated) 4* property before ever trying for a lower priced 3*. (hope that makes sense)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal for this time of year.

This property tends to get very good reviews, but at times there can be a bit of a PRICELINE bias and they give PRICELINE customers the smallest rooms in the house. Nothing to be concerned about, but just to make sure your friend is aware and to very nicely ask for a nicer/bigger room if the first one is substandard (explain that he's therefore a multi-nite stay, from overseas, etc, etc)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]