Hotwire Hotel: Trying for Dolphin or Swan 9/10-9/14

cfprunner
By cfprunner,
in

Currently we are planning on staying at Moderate Disney owned Hotel like the Carribean Beach Resort at $150/night but I heard you can sometimes get the Dolphin or Swan for about the same price and that they feature some of the same Disney exclusives, even through they are not 'Disney Hotels'

When checking Priceline through SavingsBarn.com the only 4* is: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center (Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa ?) for $160.

1. How often do the Dolphin & Swan come up and do you think I can get them for these dates?

2. Any idea if they offer the Disney Magic Express or similar free Airport Shuttle services?

1) not likely but give it a shot!

2) most of the WDW hotels have some kind of free shuttle service to the parks (but of course you don't know what hotel you're getting using hotwire until the reservation is made so there's no guarantee you'll be at a place with shuttle service)

$150 or $160 is pretty $$$$ for a 3 night stay, might have better luck looking into Resorts or 4* in the WDW zone using priceline (IMO)

I'm confused you mentioned priceline but I thought you want to make a hotwire reservation?

Hotels often seem to get awarded in streaks (i think this is less of a Priceline/Hotwire issue than it is how hotel pricing works) and we have not see the Swan or Dolphin in awhile, so i would say that the chances are low.

At $150/nite, i would sooner try for a Resort property (assuming you're "ok" with that class of property) in an attempt to get a better deal. If you want to go this route let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Let us know what you decide and/or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In re-reading this thread, just want to make sure that you're comfortable with anywhere within Priceline's shaded region of the "Walt Disney Vicinity" (as many/most hotels are off the disney grounds)

If you're fine with that, you have eight re-bid zones at the Resort level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort WDW...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 10 months later...

Have you checked www.mousesavers.com for discount codes? You may be eligible for other discounted rates if you are active or retired military (Shades of Green Resort inside WDW prop.), or if you are a nurse, teacher or gov't employee (Swan/Dolphin).

Using PL or HW to do Disney can save you $$, but you can also lose a lot in convenience. Disney's Magical Express, Extra Magic Hours, and onsite transport can save you $, too, not to mention aggravation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]