Priceline Hotel: Advice Needed for NYC 05/03 - 05/06

BrahmaBull
By BrahmaBull,
in

Hello,

Pretty experienced priceliner with past success. One nighters and weeklong bids have treated me well.

This is my first try at a 3 night stay. Checking in on a Thursday, out on a Sunday.

I have bid all over Manhattan using several different areas/rebid zones/etc.

Have only done 4* and have gone up to ~$160.

My main question is about doing a split. Am I more likely to get a better deal for a one night stay on the Thurs, Fri, or Sat? I'm assuming Thursday...

Any other guidance would be appreciated!

All things being equal the Saturday would more often then not be cheaper, however, this is a very expensive time of year in NYC and $160 may not be enough for a 4* hotel for either nite.

Exactly which zone(s) are you bidding? What is your maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you've already tried up to your limit for a 4* hotel for the complete stay, why not repeat for 5/4-5/6 and if accepted try for the solo nite of 5/3.... if 5/4-5/6 is rejected, repeat the process for 5/3-/5/5.

My guess is that at the moment $160 isn't enough for a 4* hotel regardless of how you split the dates, but you can try as you have nothing to lose. I would try to get at least 2 nites together before purchasing the solo nite.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if you have further questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At current prices you'll be lucky to get either two nites together at $160 or better so it wont likely make any different if you bid 5/3-5/5 first or if you bid 5/4-5/6 first... the real objective is to first get any two nites accepted within your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

It seems that there are a ton of posts regarding NYC travel in May-June.

As I am also seeking accommodations in this time frame, if you guys could post your results for both successful and failed bids, it would really be helpful.

Oh, and also zones.

Thanks in advance!

BrahmaBull,

Difficult to know which zones you are/aren't willing to accept, but generally speaking, i think you're currently looking at ~$200 for a 3*/3.5*... $225-$250 for a 4*.

What looks like the W Hoboken is available for $185/nite for your weekend dates... it's not in Manhattan, but easy PATH access, a great hotel and the price is right (relatively speaking)

JJYL,

If you'd like help with, or to post your own failed/winning bids, please start a NEW TOPIC... this way you'll have a place to provide the same information that you're asking others to post ;)

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your future bidding, searching and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]