Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) InterContinental The Barclay

Verbat
By Verbat,
in

I have a question regarding the star rating in NY.

If i use priceline to book a hotel the normal way, not with bidding then i can see all hotels and the star rating of the hotels all over NY.

Now my question is are those ratings the same for when i use bidding? And are all hotels participate in priceline?

Thanks

The star ratings are believed to be the same, but each side of their service uses a different universe of hotels. So there are some hotels shown in the 'retail' listing which do not appear in the 'opaque' side of their service, and some hotels available in the opaque service which do not appear in the retail listings. See the related 'Using the Retail Listing to Determine What You Will Get When Bidding' link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more on this subject.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Been bidding for over 2 weeks now on those dates on several zones like: MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and ES area. Bidding on 4* hotel and went up to $180 with no luck.

Then today i found out that during this weekend there is an Auto Show in NY so that explains the reason for not getting a hotel.

How far do you think i'm from actually winning a room?

I think you'll need to be north of $200... probably closer to the ~$215-$235 range.

I did look at your dates on HOTWIRE yesterday and saw what i'm guessing to be the W Hoboken available for $153/nite if that is an option (also available when searching 2adults/1or2children)... otherwise you may be successful under $200 (but possibly more than your current $180 bid) Downtown or lowering your star rating to 3.5*.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This was the hotel amenities:

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Tennis Nearby

Been trying to book a hotel using PRICELINE for over 2 weeks now with no luck. Then i saw this deal on HOTWIRE and decided to go for it.

I checked several topics here regarding what hotel it can be with those amenities and saw that it is probably Inter-Continental The Barclay or the Grand Hyatt New York and both are great.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were ultimately successful and found something that works well for your plans.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]