Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City) Westin Jersey City Newport

Joe83
By Joe83,
in

Bid a couple of times for NYC midtown areas going up to $175 for 4* and $155 for 3.5* without success. I then decided to give a try at Jersey City and scored the Westin Newport at the last rebid attempt (started at $100 and added $5 at each rebid).

Very happy with this win, as I save more or less 50% (official rate is $259+).

Offer Price: $131.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $393.00

Taxes & Fees: $72.60

Total Charged to Card: $465.60

This is my very first post. My family (3 of us) are visiting NY in July or August. Our dates are flexible but we want to stay 14 nights. I believe our best option is to stay at one of the 4* in Jersey City, either the Hyatt, Doubletree or Courtyard as we will use only public transport. I have never used hotwire or priceline but am hoping to. My concern is that we could get a room with only one king bed, but we would need at least 2 doubles. Any advice on that, is the hotel usually willing to change you to a room with 2 doubles if you purchase via priceline or hotwire? Also should I be using hotwire or priceline?

This is my very first post. My family (3 of us) are visiting NY in July or August. Our dates are flexible but we want to stay 14 nights. I believe our best option is to stay at one of the 4* in Jersey City, either the Hyatt, Doubletree or Courtyard as we will use only public transport. I have never used hotwire or priceline but am hoping to. My concern is that we could get a room with only one king bed, but we would need at least 2 doubles. Any advice on that, is the hotel usually willing to change you to a room with 2 doubles if you purchase via priceline or hotwire? Also should I be using hotwire or priceline?

A few tips - you should have started this as a new topic, since it is not related to the current thread. The moderators may change to a new topic. Priceline only guarantees bedding for two. Hotwire would be your better option. I would run you searches for both 3 and 4 guests, and the results will guarantee bedding for the numbers of guests you run the searches. The bedding will not necessarily be two doubles or two queens. There could be a pull out sofa or roll away for the 3rd or 4th guests. Priceline tends to be lower in pricing, but Hotwire is less of a risk. (With Hotwire can possibly identify hotel before making purchase and have some idea of amenities provided at the hotel and some Hotwire listing also state its own or a tripdavisor rating.) The flexibility in your dates will help, but a 14 day stay may not get your best pricing. It is possible that some hotels may not have Hotwire or Pricline rooms available for entire length of stay, so those hotels would not show up on a 14 day search. I would also run some searches on Hotwire within your 14 days period for shorter time periods within the 14 days and compare the prices. If the prices are lower for the shorter search period dates, you could consider splitting your stay between two or more hotels. I would also read through Hotwire and Priceline tips on the Home Page of this site before bidding. Since this is your first time using Hotwire or Priceline and you are bidding for an extended stay, you want to to reduce you liklihood for making a mistake with the bidding or purchasing process by knowing as much information about the process as possible. If you make a mistake on a 1 night stay, it's not a big as a problem as on a 14 night stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]