Priceline Hotel: 3* Wilmington (Wilmington - Brandywine) Sheraton Suites Wilmington

jrwessling
By jrwessling,
in

Short notice trip where I only had one day to bid on hotels. This impacted my strategy. Ended up with the Sheraton Wilmington South Hotel for one night at $86. Total cost with taxes and fees was $102.22. (Internet rates are $159/night so I am pleased with the deal).

NOTE: Priceline appears to be using new zoning categories for this area -- they no longer match those found on BetterBidding. They also no longer carry a 3.5 star option (although the winning hotel use to be a 3.5-star).

Bidding strategy: I was trying to get a 3-star hotel close to the University of Delaware (now zone 5 -- Newark West). I took advantage of the two 2.5-star zones (zones 2 and 3) to provide me with three free bids before I had to add other 3-star zones (zones 4, 8, etc.). Because I didn't have the luxury of waiting 24 hours to rebid, I continued adding zones based on nearest distance to the University.

Bid 1: 3-Star (Newark West). $52 (denied)

Bid 2: Added zone 2 (Elkton, MD). $63 (denied)

Bid 3: Added zone 3 (New Castle). $79 (denied)

Bid 4: Added zone 4 (Neward East - Christiana). $76 (denied)

Bid 5: Added zone 8 (Wilmington South). $86. (Accepted)

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results for this last minute bid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with the new star rating for this property. We'll try to update the new zone names and boundaries in the weeks ahead.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]