Hotwire Hotel: Boston 7/4/12 - 7/8/12 Quincy, BB, Boston Common

jgg284
By jgg284,
in

Had great success booking the NYC leg of this trip, now time to find an even better deal in Boston. We'd prefer the BB, Boston common area, but quincy would be fine also. There is a 4 1/2* quincy listed for $189 today, which I've narrowed down to the Intercontinental.I think it's a great deal, but I'd really like to try to get into the Back Bay Hotel or Nine Zero, but I may have to wait a while for a possible shot at those.

There is also a Boston Common 4* listed right now for $240, which has all the signs of the W Hotel. I can currently get it for $259 on the other sites without any drama. Is there possibly another hotel that would match the following amenities with that high of a HW price?

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

I don't know if 4th of July is a high boston time or not. It appears like it could be a soft hotel week.

Thanks for any help.

I just got an email from hotwire for a price drop. It included a 3* back bay with the following:

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

only 70% hotwire and 3.5 tripadvisor. Nothing on list matches. Any ideas??

You're right. I had followed the link in my email notification of a price drop, but it was for 2 adults only. It doesn't show up for the 2/1. Do you think its best to wait it out for cheaper listings. When checking the calendar of wins for last summer, it looked like the were some pretty good deals. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for all your help

I had followed the link in my email notification of a price drop...

Please use the requested links on the board to begin your bidding/searches/purchase and not the links in any emails sent out by PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Most of the wins in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins will be for double occupancy, and any time you're seeking more than double occupancy in a large city, it can have a dramatic effect on prices and also limit availability, so you're not really comparing apples-to-apples.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! Thank you so much. I just checked out the site, and if the photos are correct it's very easy to find the name of the hotel. Those two hotels are a great deal. I saw the refund policy, and it looks like they charge you for one night if you cancel.

Only if you cancel less than 3 days prior to your stay. Each hotel is a little different. I've cancelled plenty of times after I've gotten a better deal elsewhere.

I decided to give them a call. I was able to book the Hilton Back Bay for $134 a night. I don't know if I'll be able to beat that with anything on Hotwire, but I'll keep an eye out. They gave me the LMTClub membership for free. I'll most likely drop it after the first year when I saw the yearly fee. Thanks again for the tip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]