Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA - River North) Sheraton Towers

njg
By njg,
in

Just thought I'd post my attempts here to help others trying to bid on same dates:

I began @ $60.00 for NMA & followed bidding strategies increasing the bids by $5.00, adding free rebids, etc. Got all the way to $95.00 for NMA plus Grant Park-Loop but was still rejected. :)

I plan to try again in a few days.

Well, after much thought & debate, we decided to not split the nights & to bid whatever it took. This trip is a baseball trip for my husband, our son & a few of his friends. I don't know if anyone else will even think this is a bargain, but maybe the info will help other bidders (PLUS I used the SAVINGSBARN.COM link)

Basically I bid the Millineum, Grant Park area & the North Michigan Ave area in $5.00 increments until I was accepted at $120 :) , for the Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower. My last unsuccessful bid was $115. Priceline asked for a counter-offer of $22.00 at both $110 & $115, but I exited & began again each time. I don't know what else I could have done, except wait the 72 hours & hope for last-minute savings.

I just noticed today that Priceline has a "hotel service" that allows you to choose your hotels . Right now they are offerring $10.00 back per night. I wonder how this will affect the Name your own price approach....will they be less likely to go for low bids? Will they have more last minute savings??

Cool maps, thereuare. I like the links, too. :)

Congratulations on your win... and thanks for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn to begin your purchase :)

Glad to see you were ultimately success. Not too bad considering the higher demand for one of the nites.

Happy to hear you like the new Chicago Maps, hope to be adding more new cities soon.

Enjoy your stay and have a BIG slice of deep dish pizza for me :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]