Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (Civic Center South - Hayes Valley) Hotel Whitcomb

tbder
By tbder,
in

tbder,

That is a really good deal you got on priceline.com. If you look at the San Francisco- Hotwire thread(on betterbidding.com) you can see that people are getting the Whitcomb (using hotwire.com) for between $68-$71 per night(Plus taxes and fees). I entered the dates of your trip (you mentioned 4/16/12-4/20/12 which is actually a four night stay, so I used the dates 4/16/12-4/19/12 in my hotwire.com search) and it showed a rate of $68 per night for those three nights- so you saved $13 per night ($42 for your three night stay), plus you didn't have to pay taxes on the $42 amount you saved, so you actually saved about $46.00 (even over the price of what it would have been if you would have booked it on hotwire.com). So you practically got almost one free night.

The Whitcomb is a really nice hotel. I have stayed there many times before. When regular customers walk up to the desk and book a room at the Whitcomb, you will see when you are there that they will be paying much more than you paid(they will be probably be paying $110 per night, plus taxes), so I think $55 per night was a steal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]