Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) Omni Berkshire Hotel

jgg284
By jgg284,
in

Hello. New member, first time post. We'll be in NYC July 8-11, and have found MTE hotwire for $208. Details:

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet

Compare $335 other sites

95% hotwire recommend

4.5 tripadvisor rating

I'd be pretty happy with most MTE possible choices with the exception of the Roosevelt. I checked tripadvisor ratings and the roosevelt only has a 3.5 rating. Do you think I can rule it out. What might be your thoughts?

Also, should we wait for the date to get closer, or should we get a hotel now?

Thanks for any input.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With this property showing a 4.5/5.0 TA rating i think you can exclude the Roosevelt from the possibilities. While the TA information shown by HOTWIRE is not updated in real time, the Roosevelt's 3.5/5.0 rating is far enough away that i wouldn't think that would be a realistic outcome... my best guess for this one would be the Omni Berkshire.

As far as booking now or later, there is no firm answer, but besides the risk of the price going lower after you book... what if the hotel above disappears entirely and is replaced with something that is not as well reviewed? or that you're not able to take a guess at? or if the zones change less favorably? Also affecting your decision is how flexible you are in zones and if you're able to accept other areas OR if this is the only zone you're really interested or that you prefer to stay in.

This is typically a slow time in NYC, but any time you need more than double occupancy in NYC, the 'standard' rules don't apply.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the fast reply. My thoughts were also the Omni, which I believe $208 would be a great price. We are open to other areas, but would like to stay in the 4* range, and at or below $200. There were no other 4* offers except for Time Sq, and we'd rather not stay there at this point. I went ahead and made a back-up refundable resv at the La Quinta Manhattan. Not my first choice, but would allow me keep searching for other great deals. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotele you were hoping for and are looking forward to your trip.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the great info. That $3.50 HH sounds like a sure thing. We really like Thai and Indian food, and of course Italian. We ate at Carmines in time square area when we were last there in 2008, but I felt though good it was pretty pricey, and probably a bit touristy. We want to stay away from the chains and eat more of the local spots. Thanks.

We really like Thai and Indian food, and of course Italian.

The Carmines uptown is much more local than touristy, and it's actually very reasonable for NYC if you're a large group since their entrees can feed 2-3 people. However, they're drinks are very expensive and add a few cocktails to your dinner and it can quickly go from reasonable to pricey.

For Indian i don't have any specific recommendations (when we eat indian in the city she usually finds the places, although nothing has struck me as 'must go') but the Murray Hill section of the city (~Lexington Ave and 28th St) is nicknamed 'Curry Hill' and there are a lot of Indian restaurants, spices shops, etc. in the immediate area.

If you bump this thread in a few weeks i'll try to think of some other suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]