Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Perimeter) Crowne Plaza Ravinia

WilliamK
By WilliamK,
in

Used the PRICELINE link to begin bidding at $45 and then was countered to increase to $55 and try again which I declined and intsead added non 4* areas up to the 4* HOTWIRE link price offered of $65 minus a few bucks for the higher fees on priceline to target finishing at $62 on priceline, one dollar cheaper than effective Hotwire price. I had 16 bids to use since Atlanta has a ton of areas without 4* hotels. Therefore, I began at $45, increased to $47, then to $49 with subsequent bids to only increment by $1 till I ran out and reached $62.

I won on the second bid of $49, so perhaps $48 would have won too. Was also offered to add more nights at the same rate.

Crowne Plaza Ravinia 4 star

Perimeter

4355 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA 30346

770 395-7700

Offer Price: $49.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 2 + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: $98.00

Taxes & Fees: $23.32

Total Charged to Card: $121.32

Would not consider this a 4*, more like a 3.5*. I've seen this pattern before, the lobby is nicely redone, but the rooms are much more dated. In particular, the bathroom had a very old show enclosure and when off hours, the hot water never reached full temperature when taking a shower. Also, the rooms have popcorn ceiling, very tacky. The hotel was very cold in the hallways and the room control would not heat, we set it to 72 degrees, but it never raised above 70 degrees, only AC was enabled. Also one of the elevators was malfunctioning and closing on you with no detection of someone in the pathway.

Then upon getting home, I happened to notice that the hotel had charged our credit card for the incidentals for the two nights stay for $109.76. I called and left a message for that department, but they did not return my call. I called again the next day and they admitted to the error and said they would reverse my card. I could have easily missed the extra charge given the large number of charges I post each month. I also called priceline and let them know of these two issues, I will wait and see what action they take.

I now recommend using a credit card you do not use regularly for all such priceline hotel check-ins so that you will be alerted to any charges posting as being out of the norm.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]