Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) The Listel Hotel

universal
By universal,
in

Started at $80, immediate counter at $103 - declined

went up by 2s and 3s until the bid was won on the last attempt

this was about as high as i was going to go.

The hotel is posted on the regular site at $105 so not much of a savings - 12% - but seems like not a lot of low bids being accepted in Vancouver right now.

better than a kick in the junk :)

$92 x 2 = $184

$37.92 tax

$221.92 total

Congratulations on your success!

While not a huge savings, glad to see you're at least pleased with the hotel received and looking forward to your arrival.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For me, bidding on Priceline requires that I am confident that I know the hotels that are in each category in each city.

That way I can decide whether they are all acceptable to me.

This website helps me with that and then I can do all of my research.

However, if Priceline, at any time, can simply add a hotel it has never had before to whatever star category it likes, my confidence is gone and my research is useless.

There is always a basis for their star ratings, but hotels can be added at any time and star ratings can be upgraded/downgraded. As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel Lists:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it is always a good idea to look at the Priceline map before purchasing. DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 7224 hour window (CLICK HERE for information on how to add cities in order to bid again).

In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

Lastly, this board (and its members) are here to assist you, if you have a question or are unsure of something, please ask before purchasing (since Priceline stipulates NO cancellations/refunds)! However, by using this board you agree that you do so at your own risk! (in other words, NO WHINING allowed!!)

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC, and please share your wins with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Weighing in on our stay at the Listel: IMO this is a four star hotel. they have done a bunch of improvements over the last year. i actually did a review (first one) on Priceline. server = great, restaurant = great (going down for renovations soon). so far after doing all the bookings i have done, i have not been upset about any of the ratings.

HTH

t

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]