Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge West - Harvard) Hyatt Regency Cambridge

cypolo
By cypolo,
in

I have tried to bid a better than or equal to 3* Hotel in Boston for several weeks.

My aim locations were Boston Downtown areas such as Theater district, Quincy Market Financial, Aquarium and Back Bay since I am a foreign traveler with my family.

Everytime I stopped at $150 for 3*, $170 for 3.5* and $200 for 4* for those Downtown areas. Maybe that's the busy season in boston during May?

Today, after many many fails, I just want to try my luck in other areas. So I put $150 in Cambridge West - Harvard for 4*, and get the Hyatt Regency Cambridge at my 1st try !

The hotel seems located far from Boston downtown and with a high price?

But I am still quiet satisfied with this result.

Here are my other questions:

1. I will take a 2-day trip in Boston for Harvard University, Public Library, Quincy Market and maybe take the Duck Tour. Any other suggestions?

2. And basing on my trip above, should I rent a car (Travel with 5 people in total) or take the T ? I'm worried about how is the traffic and parking in Boston Downtown?

I will be really appreciate if someone could answer my question. Thank you very much !

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you're pleased with the outcome and this should work well for your plans.

As far as your stops along the way, you would want to take the T (or taxi if a short distance and the taxi will take 5 people)... it will not only make you feel like a local, but it will save on the cost of a rental, parking (both at hotel and at the 'sights'), and for the trolleys that run above ground it's a great way to look at the window and see the city.

For things to do i'd go HERE and search for Boston... you'll see all the most popular attractions (the Hop On Hop Off bus is currently on sale if you're interested in that) and be able to read reviews as well.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Definitely do not rent a car!

If you look more carefully, I think you'll see that the Hyatt in Cambridge is not all that far from downtown. Boston is pretty small. You could walk over the bridge and down to Fenway Park and it would only be a little over a mile. There is also a bus that will take you to the Fenway area and it stops about a block from the Hyatt.

The Hyatt is unfortunately not close to a T stop. On the plus side, the hotel will give you a free shuttle ride to many places in Cambridge, including Harvard Square or another T stop.

As to sights, there are many to choose from; it depends on what you like. The Museum of Fine Arts is great, the Science Museum is close to the Hyatt (they might shuttle you there, not sure) and it's really fun for kids and adults. The Copley Square and Boston Commons areas are very nice to walk around in, and the North End is Boston's Little Italy, very pleasant in the evening. You might find a concert (Boston Pops, maybe) at the Hatch Shell by the Charles, and the music scene in Cambridge is excellent (esp. for jazz).

Have fun!

I have stayed at this hotel, it is very nice and has a FANTASTIC pool on the top level.. bring swimsuits!

You will not need to rent a car. This hotel is located right on the Charles River and it is very easy to get around with taxis and public transportation.You can walk across the bridge near the hotel into Boston. It is right on the edge of the MIT campus and walking distance to Harvard- if you like to walk.

THe hotel charges to park, so the cost is not worth it. Boston is very, very difficult to navigate if you are not familiar with the city...

There is a Trader Joe's grocery just down the street for food and wine.. very handy.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]