Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere - Logan Airport BOS) Hilton Boston Logan Airport

ppapillon
By ppapillon,
in

I would slightly lean towards the airport, but don't feel that strong about it... it really comes down to what you like in a hotel stay. I think both options have their drawbacks... i'll also add that what appears to be the Hyatt Regency Cambridge is offered on HOTWIRE for $150/nite and this is in the eastern most part of the zone (closest to Boston). Reviews state that the location is not great, but not a factor due to the hotel's free shuttle to various points, and downtown Boston a 5 minute cab ride away. (i'd verify first if this appears to be an option)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will I be able to bid for the airport hotels at less than $110 (with tax) or less than $108 for the charlestown hotel on priceline?

You can bid as low as you like. All Priceline does is say "No". I suspect your actual question is whether or not you will win at those rates? It is certainly possible, and maybe even probable, but unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to actually bid.

Hotwire tends to be a little higher than Priceline, although not necessarily so. If you decide to go either/both of these two zones, do be sure to at least start your bidding a bit lower. Also, there is only one free rebid.

Have you looked at the hotel list (first post in this area) that people have reported as wins? And the hotel reviews (clear at the bottom of this site)? There might be something in that will tip your decision one way or another. While I didn't go on in and read the reviews, there is a note that the 2* Boston airport hotel doesn't have a shuttle. Might be a reason to stay away from the 2* level. On the other hand, I got bit by no shuttle at a Minneapolis airport hotel, but the hotel quickly produced a city bus schedule and it worked just fine.

Romelle

I meant to say whether I'll win at that price. I might consider the airport hotels instead then. I read reviews on the constitution inn and some doesn't seem too good. I don't need a fanciful hotel. Just a clean place to sleep in and safe. I know for the constitution inn, the shuttle service ends at 6pm which I'll probably not be back yet. And this means that I'll have to walk almost 20min(??) or so to get from the T station back to the hotel. I don't know if the area is safe etc. Getting a little frustrated at not getting a hotel at the price I want but again I read that people are saying the hotel prices are exceptionally high during that week I'll be there.

In case this helps: both the Hyatt in Cambridge and the Constitution Inn would be an easy, relatively inexpensive cab ride from anyplace downtown (Hyatt would be closer to Back Bay, Copley Sq., Fenway, while Charlestown is convenient to the North End). Of course, it's a lot more expensive if you take a taxi to (or from) the airport.

Also, the airport hotels are in an unattractive area with the exceptions of the Hilton, which is on-site at Logan, and the Hyatt Harborside which has a water shuttle to the Aquarium area. Maybe you don't care about that...

{edit} Oh, the neighborhood around the Constitution Inn is not the greatest (since you asked), but it's not really *dangerous*. I'd definitely do the taxi rather than walk from the T station.

I tried bidding till $125 or was it $130 for 3* at the zones listed in the strategy. Failed. Decided that I don't want to increase my bid anymore. Instead I bidded for a 4* at logan airport. Checked priceline and there were 2 4* hotels listed under Logan airport of which both have shuttle services. Ended up getting the hilton logan airport at $90 ($111 with tax) which I think it's slightly more accessible and better than the constitution inn.

I tried bidding till $125 or was it $130 for 3* at the zones listed in the strategy. Failed. Decided that I don't want to increase my bid anymore. Instead I bidded for a 4* at logan airport. Checked priceline and there were 2 4* hotels listed under Logan airport of which both have shuttle services. Ended up getting the hilton logan airport at $90 ($111 with tax).

I'm glad something finally worked for you! After your stay, I hope you will choose to review the hotel. Especially the shuttle and metro aspects, as to time/cost/convenience/ambiance/??. Future bidders will thank you!

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works for your plans and you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]