Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Gresham - Troutdale) Four Points By Sheraton Portland East

duckfan
By duckfan,
in

Won this 3-star after several attempts at lower prices the days previous to the win. I did not have a good experience at all at check in and I have stayed here I believe 3 times prior with good experiences all through priceline, but this time I asked if I could get a room with 2 beds and I was told it may be an extra $25 to get 2 beds. The front desk clerk was unsure about the charge without checking with management who was not available. I told her that I have never heard of such an exorbitant charge to make a bed choice unless I have the option to upgrade to a suite. My experience is either you have a room available with 2 beds or you don't. But to pay $25 for a different bed configuration when I'm only paying $54 for the room is ludicrous in my opinion and to also say you don't know if I will be charged or not is ludicrous. I ended up leaving the hotel at 4 pm without checking in because I had someplace to be. I told her I can't make a decision on "maybe." I said that I would be reporting my experience online because this is the first I have had this experience in over 100 nights of booking through priceline. She tried to explain priceline rules on bed choice which I know by heart so her explanation was on deaf ears. Even when I don't get my bed choice, it's because it's not available and I say oh well I got a good deal. After I left I called the hotel's 800 number to give me a definitive answer on the charge,and all they did was call the same lady at the front desk and got the same answer. At least the 800 number person was nicer and not so argumentative. She actually listened which is by far better customer service than not listening and arguing.

Then I returned at 7 pm and I had to speak to the same front desk person who I ask to see if a decision is made on the price for 2 beds, and she says yes it's $25 per night. I try and explain that I would have accepted this much better if they were more organized on my first check in with answers on this, and it went downhill from there. I went on to say I will not be staying here again or using priceline in this area again, and she responded "hopefully." Apparently she meant hopefully this does not happen again but I understood it to mean hopefully I never stay there again. This was the worst priceline experience I have ever had and I plan on letting priceline know along with Sheraton.

The manager came to speak to me and explained the rules once again and would not listen to my prior experiences as I priceline customer, where I explained I have never been treated like this. She tried to be nice but I don't need a lesson on priceline which she tried to give me as well in front of other guests behind me. I need the hotel I check into to know what they are doing and I don't appreciate a $25 a night charge to get the bed type I would like if it is available. Seems very sketchy to me.

They did comp me a $10 a night rollaway but after all the arguing I would have preferred that they say 2 queens were not available instead of feeling scammed. Oh and the front desk person on my second attempt at check in said I "threatened" her. I said "in what way?!" Apparently saying you are going to post your experience online is threatening. Better call the police then I guess. Ugh!

Now I see online that there is only a $10 difference between getting a room with 2 beds and a king so this fee seems like they are just trying to recoup there money from priceline users when they check in. I feel it is shady and I don't appreciate it. Won't stay here again.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Many hotels, from budget rated Extended Stay properties to 5* Las Vegas hotels, are beginning to have different rates for rooms with one bed vs. two beds. In a situation such as the one above a $10 fee to PRICELINE customers is acceptable since that is the difference in room rate they charge to guests who booked directly thru their website, and if you had known this information prior to checking-in this is what i would have offered to pay when speaking to the manager (explaining why $10 was fair since this was the difference between the room you booked and the room you wanted). I'm assuming the rate they wanted to charge you was $25/nite, whereas if it was $25 total for the entire 3 nites this would have been a 'deal' (based upon hotel policy).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your future stays go more smoothly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]