Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Hyatt Regency New Orleans

solarity
By solarity,
in

I thought there used to be a form to fill out for bidding help but I can't seem to find it. I've never used a service like this but am always interested in getting a deal. The airfare is booked so now I just need hotel:

May 24-May 29 (5 nights)

French Quarter (I'm choosing based on what I've read to be most convenient)

I would love to pay $60 but could go up to $80 (is that reasonable?)

4* preferred

We are going down for a wedding but have never been and are doubling this as an anniversary trip.

I think your budget will likely fall short for a 4* property in the French Quarter (and may not be enough for a 3.5* property either)... but would probably be enough for something in the Downtown zone. If you want to try for a French Quarter property first...

At the 3.5* level you have FIVE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* property you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* French Quarter...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any question feel free to ask. If the above is rejected let us know if you want to next try for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone OR for a 3.5* hotel in the Quarter.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like a deal but am so unsure what is reasonable and am willing to go higher if necessary (is 100 more reasonable?). Worse case scenario if it's rejected I just try again at a later time?

So if I understand the rebid concept then I would choose the airport or east section at 4* which essentially gives me the opportunity to up my bid in the zone I want since there are no 4* there? Seems to make sense. I'll try bidding Saturday and see how it goes.

You have the re-bid concept understood, but if you're bididng 4* in New Orleans you actually have FIVE such re-bid zones. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for information on how to determine your re-bid zones and feel free (highly encouraged and recommended if you're new to the concept) to confirm your re-bid zones with the board, of if you're confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

A 4* in the French Quarter will likely run you more than $100... closer to the $125-$150 area; where as a Downtown property might be had for less than $100.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmmm. I would be willing to add 3.5 stars if I have to go over $100 to stay in the French quarter. But I would like to try for 4* first. Since these prices probably don't account for taxes I would rather max out at $125 though that is definitely on my high side. I might be willing to expand my zones at that point.

So to confirm... you want to first try for a 4* hotel in the French Quarter with a $100 maximum bid? (from there you can then decide if you want to bid higher for a 4* in the FQ zone, try for a 3.5* hotel in the FQ or try for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone)

Is this correct? Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow, and please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

Using your FIVE re-bid zones (if you're unsure of your re-bid zones see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board) you can try as follows:

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask. If/when rejected let us know if you then want to try for a 3.5* in the FQ zone OR try for a 4* in the Downtown zone.

Ok I did just that and it failed but I think that was halfway expected. My husband thinks we should go for a 4* in downtown and I want to try 3.5* in French quarter. I'm concerned I will be pregnant and having to do excessive walking if we are not in vicinity but I know nothing about NO so maybe downtown would be ok. I need to do more research. I also can't find a description of how Priceline defines their star rating (like what do I give up by going from 4 to 3.5). Anyway will be back after more research. What is your opinion of downtown vs. french quarter?

If you enter 'New Orleans' and your dates in the search box on the top right of this page you'll be taken to a page with a map of the PRICELINE zones. Zoom in on the map and you'll see that the Downtown zone is only a few extra blocks beyond Canal St, so it's not really that far of a distance. However, it's ultimately your comfort level so something you'll need to decide if a comfortable distance or not.

Let us know what you decide and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly. (i'll also add that i'm not sure if temporary due to the late hour and an update taking place, but inventory appears to be a little thinner than just a few days ago)

I stay in NOLA all the time and almost exclusively stay in downtown. 90% of the properties in Downtown are only a couple of blocks to the French Quarter and less than a 5 minute walk. I have found no difference in hotel quality from the 4* to 3.5* level in downtown.

You would be wise to get out of the FQ/Downtown area for at least 2 or 3 days of your trip to really see the city anyways and the downtown area is much easier to access those areas via trolley or cabs. My 2 cents. It's a great city. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

when bidding 4* in New Orleans you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* French Quarter...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and French Quarter...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask.

Yay it worked! $80 Downtown, Hyatt Regency. I'm super happy with the price, the hotel looks very nice, a little concerned about the distance but I'm saving so much on lodging it probably won't hurt to spend a little extra on cabs if necessary. I hope we can get a room with a view to the super dome, that would be really interesting.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the deal you received and for the price can make this work for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

You did get one of the "furthest" hotels in the Downtown area from the FQ, but it's not too bad. It's a nice hotel. And there are some some of the best restaurants in NOLA within walking distance, and not far from the trolley.

There are close to 20 top notch restaurants within .5 miles of your hotel. That can't be said when staying in the FQ.

I have a word doc outlining some of the area's restaurants/bars I put together for a family member at one point. If interested PM me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]