Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - National Zoo) Omni Shoreham

yellow_daisy
By yellow_daisy,
in

I'm going to DC 4/24-4/26 and have been through several rounds of bidding on 4 star and 3.5 star hotels in the Convention Ctr/Capital area on priceline. I'm going to a meeting and they are based out of the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capital Hill so I'd like to be near there. I've gone up to $220/nt and still had nothing accepted. I've seen other wins for much lower posted in the same areas and am wondering if I should wait until closer to my travel dates to bid. Any thoughts on what I can do to increase my chances? I've never been to DC and am not familiar with the area, I would be willing to stay in a different area if there are other areas that would be walking distance to the Capital since my meeting will be split between the Hyatt and the Capital Bldg. Thanks

Rates in DC are highly depending upon meeting, conventions, rallies, etc. If there are lots of government meeting taking place during a set of dates then rates can be sky high... if there is little happening then that is when you can often see sub-$100 wins for 4* hotels.

Is staying in another zone and traveling via the metro (DC's subway system) acceptable? It's a widely used train system and is one of the cleanest in any city i've been in, although it does shut down around midnite or so (or perhaps a little later) which is something to keep in mind if your meetings/functions will be going late into the nite, at which point you'd like need to take a taxi back to the hotel.

Let us know you're thoughts regarding the metro and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates they have a 4* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone for $218/nite (your price may differ slightly) with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa. While not guarantees, this amenity set matches previous reports for the Omni, so that would be my best guess for this one. Accordingly to Google maps, it's a 4 minute walk to the Zoo Metro stop where you can get the Red Line, which in turn appears to be a stop closest to the Hyatt. You can see the location of the Omni by using MAPS and HOTELS.com (select 4* from the filter, then click the hotel name in the list to have the map focus on the hotel and you'll see the metro stop nearby)

Does this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this will work well for your plans (and while not cheap, save you some money in the process!)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]