Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Redondo - Manhattan Beaches) Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach

konoplya
By konoplya,
in

got Crown Plaza for $67/night. Will park free in the neighborhood according to others' comments. Called them after the reservation to make sure I'll have a smoke free room. Was cut off in the middle of the sentence by a receptionist before I even told her what I was calling for. Put on hold. Then she picked up again and with very broken English asked what I wanted. I told her I needed to request a non-smoking room. She transferred me to reservations. Another woman picked up and I told her my story. She said that she won't be able to guarantee a non-smoking room until the day of my reservation and that I would have to call that morning to make sure.

In all my bookings with Priceline, I have never experienced a hotel staff that couldn't guarantee me a non-smoking room or anything else that I've asked for. Also, the incompetence and rudeness of the receptionist was a let down. Hopefully my stay there will be a lot better than my phone call.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear your first interaction with the hotel was not a good one, but hopefully it was an instance of the desk clerk being overwhelmed with guests in front of him/her waiting to check-in/check-out and therefore just wanted to transfer your call as quickly as possible.

In all my bookings with Priceline, I have never experienced a hotel staff that couldn't guarantee me a non-smoking room...

If you've never encountered this before consider yourself lucky, as this is the case more often than not. Fortunately (for non-smokers) more and more hotel chains are going smoke-free which frequently removes this variable from the equation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]