Priceline Hotel: 3* Memphis (East) Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi...need to travel to Memphis on 5/19 - 5/22 to research living options for my son who will be moving there in Aug to attend Univ of Tenn @ Health sciences campus...have just bought our flight & need help on a good area to stay...I am thinking that because we need 2 beds FOR SURE.. :lol:, I should be looking to book on hotwire to assure bedding choices?...also, possibly hoping to obtain something like a Residence Inn or something, that may have a separated sleeping area??....for the last nite there I would also assume it may be best to just stay out nearer the airport, as our flight is an am departure & dont need to spend more $$ to be nearer the city....do the hotels "in" Memphis charge for parking?...ANY help from someone familiar with Memphis area would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanx...Allie

Good evening. :)

If you are looking for more than one bed, I would suggest using HOTWIRE and indicating more than 2 people. If you need assistance with ID'ing a listing, please provide the complete details (zone, star rating, price, full set of amenities.) In terms of which area, which HOTWIRE/PRICELINE zones would be most convenient for where you need to be? Your best bet for a suite would be looking for a hotel listing with a "suite" amenity on HOTWIRE, although that could possibly be a "studio suite", depending on the hotel and what it offers. Many hotels in Memphis appear to charge for parking, and I'm guessing some in outlying areas may as well, as more and more properties do charge for parking these days.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

well thanx for the info....not much comes up when i search hotwire & put in 3+ people....as of now I have "conventional" booking on my AAA rate @ Embassy Suites in Memphis....it has the separate bedroom & we will get a full cooked to order breakfast....although I HATE booking rooms thru actual hotel websites!!!...if anyone has any ideas on how to book this hotel on any web site cheaper I am all ears!! :wacko:

Hotel chain's "Best Rate Guarantee" often make it difficult to find better rates, but what are you paying for the Embassy Suites? Is that declaring double or triple occupancy?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and note in our support page we have links to the Embassy Suites as we as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies... please check there for your non-opaque purchases)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi....we are paying 130.00 for sat & sun...then 139.00 for monday....adding taxes it comes to about 460.00 for 3 nights (double occupancy all AAA rate)...i havent paid these kind of prices since i found your fantastic site!! :wub: ....i do realize my "problem" is the sleeping arrangements we need....not as easy as goin with the hubby & just needed the 1 bed & no "separation" of sleeping areas...i didnt realize u had links to book non-opaque purchases....i am assuming to do this i need to cancel my exsiting reservation & rebook thru link...sigh...i just wish i cud do better on this purchase :(

• 4 weeks later...

ok so now that trip is 2 weeks away...played on hotwire today....its giving me an option of a suite in a 3* in East Memphis @ 88.00 p/n can anyone help identify??..

recommended 95% of hotwire reviews...amenities...

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Suite

Airport shuttle

fitness center

pools

business center

laundry facilities (self serve)

this hotel search makes me wonder though...although it says suite, this hotel ONLY appears when I put in 2 people...if I up it to 3 or 4 it does not come up in the search...sounds pretty risky that it would have the separate bedroom/sleeping area....i guess I couldnt be so lucky that this is the embassy suites....their price for these days is still @ 144.00....

Thanx...Alison

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but my guess would be the Embassy Suites.

Regardless of the hotel this turns out to be, there wouldn't be any assurance of receiving separate sleeping accommodations unless you book for triple or quad occupancy.(if it is the Embassy Suites i'm not sure if all rooms include a pullout sofabed)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...we are here now...now that sat nite is over looking to try &bid for 2 rooms in Southaven MS....3*...I feel most comfortable going with the 5 rebid zones to reduce chance of winning a 2.5 hotel that may be too far from Southaven so looking to only use rebid zones that have up to 2*...want to cap my price at 65.00 ...can u give me a bidding strategy?...Ty so much Allie

What did you end up doing for your stay last nite, 5/19?

If you enter "Southaven, MS" as the zone you will actually be given additional zones in the area and you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (HOWEVER, it appears you are only comfortable using FIVE of these re-bid zones??)

Select 3* Southaven...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hi y'alli :) ....lol...everyone here in Tennessee is sooo nice...be sure to visit if you get the chance!...we stayed @ the Embassy Suites for AAA rate for first nite...everything so full due to big "Memphis in may" festival...decided to try & switch after sat night over & hotels emptied out...

So....tried to bid in Memphis on 3*...downtown & Memphis east using PRICELINE link...got to 59.00 & got message about if increased bid to 72.00 could secure a room so knew we were close.....then boom...PRICELINE freezes...& lost Internet connection...ugh :angry:

Long story short...couldn't access into my price line acct for some glitchy reason....had to create new PL acct off sons cell phone in his name...just did a 68.00 bid for 3* Memphis Downtown & Memphis east zones & won Courtysrd by Marriott East 6015 Park Ave...2 rooms...

Crazy computers drive me nuts when they glitch....especially in middle of something important...thank goodness at lest for sons "smart phone"

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful for the second half of your stay by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]