Priceline Hotel: Logan hotel for extended stay

marla6
By marla6,
in

Anyone have any tips or advice for successful bidding on a hotel near Logan (with hotel or public transport available to/from BOS) for an extended stay? Would need starting next week, for about 2 weeks, possibly more. Never had to bid on more than a few nights so not sure if it's even an option. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Would you be primarily looking only in the Revere-Logan BOS zone, or would other zones be acceptable as well? What would be your desired max per night, and what are the exact date/s of travel you are considering? Longer stays are certainly possible, but if there are very busy period/s during the overall stay, it may be worth considering splitting your stay.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Which area doesn't much matter so long as there is either public transport nearby to get to/from airport, or if it has a hotel shuttle I can use. It'd be extra nice if there was a fridge involved in all of this as well, but I can look more closely at the possible hotel list later. I'd need my stay to start 3/20/12, going through at least the end of March. I still don't know if it will need to be extended..won't find that out until next Friday (hopefully) so a split stay would probably be best anyway at this point. I'd be ok with one hotel switch if need be. As for cost, below $100 for sure, $80 ish even better. A quick search on PL (for a 2-week stay) shows some promise in the 3* department.

Done. (I should've known better! ha!) PL still shows some promise for a 2-week stay, HW has a handful of <$100 2.5* and 3* but I'm not familiar with any of the zones or the transportation available. Is there any particular strategy for longer stays? For example, bidding several 1-weeks vs fewer 2-week stays?

Which area doesn't much matter so long as there is either public transport nearby to get to/from airport, or if it has a hotel shuttle I can use.

The silver line goes to the airport, so in theory you could stay anywhere 'downtown' although it would require a transfer. The Waterfront-Convention Center zone has a Silver Line metro stop and would be convenient and not require a transfer. While most hotels in the airport zone at the 2.5* and above will offer shuttle service, this is not a guaranteed amenity, so the only want to ensure this service is to use HOTWIRE and purchase a hotel displaying the Airport Shuttle amenity. PRICELINE has a 2* hotel in the airport zone, The Fairfield Inn, which does not offer shuttle service... this is below the star level you're bidding, but an example of how it is possible for a hotel in the zone to not offer shuttle service.

PL still shows some promise for a 2-week stay, HW has a handful of <$100 2.5* and 3*...

For what dates are you searching?

Is there any particular strategy for longer stays? For example, bidding several 1-weeks vs fewer 2-week stays?

See SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

Let us know the first set of dates your seeking, and zone(s), and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]