Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown West) Ameritania Hotel

ooeybc
By ooeybc,
in

Hi guys, I've been trying (and failing) to book a 3.5 - 4* hotel in Manhattan from March 31 to April 4. We're looking for something in either Midtown West or the Theater District. I've been selecting these areas and then adding areas without 3.5 - 4* as I bid up from $125 to $170 with no luck to date. I'm a newbie here and first timer in New York so bidding suggestions would be hugely appreciated. Cheers... /s

Thanks. I've lowered my sites to 3-3.5* Not sure how to walk my bid up for 3* however. With 3.5, there are four or five areas areas that don't have 3.5* so I can add them one bid at a time and bid my way up incrementally. But almost every area has 3* hotels so that strategy doesn't work.

I tried $125, $135 and $150 for a 2.5* in Times Square/Theater District; Times Square/Theater District and Midtown West; and Times Square/Theater District, Midtown West and Coney Island, respectively. Tomorrow, I'll start at $150 unless someone has a better idea.

I tried $125, $135 and $150 for a 2.5* in Times Square/Theater District; Times Square/Theater District and Midtown West; and Times Square/Theater District, Midtown West and Coney Island, respectively. Tomorrow, I'll start at $150 unless someone has a better idea.

Good to know, thanks.

I started today with 3* $100 in CPS (for 4/11-4/15), then went up by $5 each time, adding Times Square/Theater District, Midtown West, and then Upper West Side. No luck.

Then I tried at 2.5* and $115 for those areas and Lower East Side, Upper East Side, and Midtown East. Looks like I'm headed for the hostels, but I'll try for a couple more days just in case..

ooeybc,

Have you considered a higher rated hotel outside of midtown... such as a 4* Downtown (or something similar)?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

bkbkbk,

While the discussion in this thread is perfectly acceptable, please include bidding updates in your own Priceline NYC so that we can provide assistance for your stay in your own thread (especially since your dates are different than the OP's)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just booked a 3* on PRICELINE (through this site ;p) in Midtown West -- the Ameritana -- for March 31-Apr 4 at $190 a night. Supposedly a 27-per-cent saving. I did consider bidding outside of midtown but being our first trip to NYC I thought what the hey... just glad the suspense is over. Thanks for the feedback team!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay settled and are looking forward to you first trip to NYC!

If you want some local flavor one nite during your stay (or late nite after a few cocktails) you can wait online at the famous

on the SouthEast corner of 53rd and Sixth Ave, which is close to your hotel. You want the cart that is there freom 7:30pm until 4am.. a different cart is there at other times.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]